Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Polar Kraft Sport X 175

Hey all,

I've had my eye on a Polar Kraft Sport X 175 SC for several months and ended up finding a good deal on one out of state.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with this boat?

I would use this for bass fishing probably 70 percent with some duck hunting and striper fishing thrown in.

My main concern is the lack of storage for bass fishing and a relatively small battery box on the rear deck. It appears to only have capacity for one MAYBE two Lithium batteries and a cranking battery in the rear. It also only has one small ish hatch in the front.

From Polar Krafts site here http://https://polarkraft.com/Polar-Kraft-Boat.php?product_line=26&action=view_product_line& country=226

The boat weighs 878 dry. Do you think a 12v TM would work okay? Also wondering if you'd run a graph off the cranking or TM battery in this situation? I'd like to look at putting a 10" humminbird on the side console.

2. Member
    No info on this boat?? Did some more research would run the graph off the cranking motor for sure. Big question is storage and trolling motor batts.

3. Member
    I have checked them out on their website also. It just seems like there is very little interest and very few dealers around here. I think the nearest dealer to Little Rock is ~3 hours. I sent the company an email about a year ago and asked them a couple of general questions but never got a response.

4. Member
    Yep, I would be driving out of state to pick the boat up. I was able to source a local dealer on these boats and got to see the same model in person the other day. It'll be my first real boat, I looked at the rear compartment and it seemed small to hold 3 batteries. With the size and weight I would look at putting a 24v fortrex. I think I can deal with the lack of storage but the boat looks like it could have a couple more compartments on the front deck.

5. Member
    Well I'm taking the plunge on this boat. Hopefully it's stout with the .125 hull, I'll just have to make things work with the batteries. hopefully it won't be too hard to wire in a graph on the console.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowss21 View Post
    Well I'm taking the plunge on this boat. Hopefully it's stout with the .125 hull, I'll just have to make things work with the batteries. hopefully it won't be too hard to wire in a graph on the console.
    If you can, post a few photos, I'd like to see actually see one rather just looking on their website, which isn't that impressive.

7. Member
    Great product.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfish View Post
    If you can, post a few photos, I'd like to see actually see one rather just looking on their website, which isn't that impressive.
    I will. Very glad I was able to look at one in person here in VA.

I can't believe how lacking PolarKraft's website is?

Anyway the boat will be coming with a suzu DF70A. looking to get around 40mph (hope that isn't wishful thinking).

9. Member
    cant speak for that model but mine is build very well, it is not a speed demon but the ride is good(came from a champion owner).
    the website sucks you can get more info from the facebook group.
    i am very pleased with mine
    Jeremy From Indy
    2019 PolarKraft TX 195 Pro
    2019 Suzuki 200SS

10. Member
    Update: pulled the trigger on the boat. Thing is sweet. Having a couple fit and finish issues (nav lights do not work) and I do not know how to use the livewell - there is only an aeration switch and the boat came with some fittings for the livewell. Any clue how to use it? Is it a "manual" live well? It seems it came with a fitting and a valve on the end... when it was in the water the aeration switch did not fill the tank.

Pics below

11. Member

12. Member
    20211120_114642.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Member
    20211120_114653.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Member
    Thanks the photos, good looking boat

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfish View Post
    Thanks the photos, good looking boat
    No problem, if there's anything you want to see let me know

16. Member
    Nice boat, you should have a fill switch in the boat to close the fill valve, or it may have a manual plug or pull valve in the livewell so you can fill it or drain.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baarw View Post
    Nice boat, you should have a fill switch in the boat to close the fill valve, or it may have a manual plug or pull valve in the livewell so you can fill it or drain.
    There is only a switch on the dash for aeration manual or auto, I'm thinking I just need to install the drain pipe.

Oddly enough there is no valve between transom and pump?

Also when I cut the switch on in the water the pump ran but no water came in

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowss21 View Post
    There is only a switch on the dash for aeration manual or auto, I'm thinking I just need to install the drain pipe.

Oddly enough there is no valve between transom and pump?

Also when I cut the switch on in the water the pump ran but no water came in
    Is there a red valve near the top of the livewell? Your boat could've come with a pump out, you pull it out for pump out and push it in to fill!

19. Member
    Nope, just two holes in the bottom of the well. It came with a plastic ball valve but that's left me even more confused. It seems more likely the boat shop did a piss poor rigging of the thing tbh.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Was there no owners manual that came with the boat? Hope you get it figured out. With a 0.125” hull it should be a solid boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast