Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lucas Mist, Bass Boat Saver, what others you guys swear by?

I have tried a few does one offer better UV protection , less staining , better shine and protection than the others ? Any others you guys like ?

2. Member
    I use Lucas slick mist about every two trips and then I use Bow to Stern about once a month. I also use Aerospace Formula 303 on all my vinyl.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

I used BBS for years, switched to Lucas a couple years ago. Easier to buy and less streaking. Just switched this year to Lucas marine, cheap, shines great and removes water spots easy. BBS protected well but didn't do much to water spots.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

4. Member
    I like Lucas. Mainly for the smell lol.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

5. Member
    Its hard to beat Lucas for the price and availability.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

Bass Boat Saver...tried several others, nothing compares to BBS
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

7. Member

Over the years I have tried BBS, Lucas Slick Mist, Maguire's Quick Detailer, Amsoil Waterless Wash and Wax and Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic 3:1 and I have found pretty similar results in all of them. For an all purpose on aluminum, fiberglass, plastic, vinyl and just about everything I think BBS is the best multi purpose. However if were specifically talking about fiberglass its a close run between Amsoil Waterless Wash and Wax and Turtle Wax 3:1 Hybrid Ceramic.

9. Member
    I used BBS for a while, then stumbled on Lucas slick mist. I can’t tell a difference in the product and am able to find the Slick mist much easier.
    Last edited by Mac Town Fuzz; 10-30-2021 at 09:55 PM.

10. Member
    Hot Sauce, does a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    Bass Boat Saver...tried several others, nothing compares to BBS
    This ^^^
    BBS is simply the most complete spray I’ve found. And I’ve tried literally all of them. It takes off waterline scum easily, cleans and shine’s everything on the boat including the seats, and my favorite (my boat is mostly black) it repels dust better than anything I’ve used previously.
    I wash, polish, and seal with Pro-Tec products, but BBS is all I use between washes. A gallon will last me 2 seasons.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

12. Member
    I thought Hot Sauce did a great job just could'nt stand the smell. Lucas marine slick mist for me.

Agree on the Bass Boat Saver

14. Member
    I use slick mist. Tried a few others but slick mist was just easier to apply and worked better...

15. Member
    Nu Finish ceramic spray. Advertised good for 100 car washes. They are not wrong

16. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    BBS is a better cleaner and so on as protectant , but slick mist is a nice for shine on top of a sealer in between coats
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

17. Member
    Another vote for BBS.

18. Banned
    Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erie660 View Post
    Hot Sauce, does a good job.
    Hot Sauce is a spot remover. Sure it has some wax in it but it’s not even close to the other brands in terms of prohibiting scum lines, stains, and ability to keep the shine longer. Hot Sauce also doesn’t protect against UV.

I used hot sauce for a couple years and I had to reapply it every week inbetween trips to just keep the shine up. You could get the same, or better, results from water and vinegar solution. I use Lucas now because it’s cheap and available basically anywhere. It Prevents scum lines, keeps the boat sparkling and protects against UV. I want to try BBS and Turtle Wax but haven’t yet.

best example between the two: I put some Lucas on my fiberglass fender, let it dry and a week later it’s still slippery. Use whichever you like, I have 1/4 of a bottle of hot sauce that has been sitting in my garage for 3 years collecting dust.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Hot Sauce is a spot remover. Sure it has some wax in it but it’s not even close to the other brands in terms of prohibiting scum lines, stains, and ability to keep the shine longer. Hot Sauce also doesn’t protect against UV.

I used hot sauce for a couple years and I had to reapply it every week inbetween trips to just keep the shine up. You could get the same, or better, results from water and vinegar solution. I use Lucas now because it’s cheap and available basically anywhere. It Prevents scum lines, keeps the boat sparkling and protects against UV. I want to try BBS and Turtle Wax but haven’t yet.

best example between the two: I put some Lucas on my fiberglass fender, let it dry and a week later it’s still slippery. Use whichever you like, I have 1/4 of a bottle of hot sauce that has been sitting in my garage for 3 years collecting dust.
    UV protection is the most important part of whatever someone uses. It's what prevents the gel coat from breaking down and oxidizing.

I cringe when people say they use vinegar and water. Vinegar is an acid. It dissolves waxes and sealants.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast