Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solix 3.900/ 3.970 or 3.980. software version.

Hello, I'm looking this software to prepare Solix 10 G3 MSI+ to Mega Live 4.020 update. Is anybody have it? Or just where I will find it?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by MaciejK; 10-30-2021 at 05:42 AM.

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaciejK View Post
    Hello, I'm looking this software to prepare Solix 10 G3 MSI+ to Mega Live 4.020 update. Is anybody have it? Or just where I will find it?
    Thanks in advance.
    Any pre-req software versions needed are included in the software download zip file. Just download the 4.020 update for your specific model, unzip the file on your computer, and look at the contents of the unzipped folder. The 3.9XX version you need should be in there. Just put that one 3.9XX update file on a SD card by itself and do the update. Then when that 3.9XX update is complete, put the rest of the files (including the 4.020 update file) onto the SD card and do the final updates.

Don't know how experienced you are with updates but be sure you put the actual files from within the unzipped folder on the SD Card... Not the entire folder itself. Also, be sure it is a 32GB or smaller card.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    Ok, thank You.

4. Member
    I think you will find that the 4.020 update for Solix does not include any prior update above 3.50. Contact customer support and they will provide a link to a site where you can download the necessary update.

Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Any pre-req software versions needed are included in the software download zip file. Just download the 4.020 update for your specific model, unzip the file on your computer, and look at the contents of the unzipped folder. The 3.9XX version you need should be in there. Just put that one 3.9XX update file on a SD card by itself and do the update. Then when that 3.9XX update is complete, put the rest of the files (including the 4.020 update file) onto the SD card and do the final updates.

Don't know how experienced you are with updates but be sure you put the actual files from within the unzipped folder on the SD Card... Not the entire folder itself. Also, be sure it is a 32GB or smaller card.

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    So, let's back up a bit... The Solix 10 G3 update notes state that the unit has to be at 3.900 or better to install 4.020. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think all Solix G3 units were initially shipped with a version above 3.900. That would explain why there is no 3.900+ update included in the Solix G3 4.020 update... It wouldn't be needed.

On the G1 or G2 Solix units, those have to be at 3.500 or greater and 3.500 is included in those updates.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

6. Member
    Remember our buddy in this thread: http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1148389

In post #18, he states that his came with 3.89

So, the OP needs to check his current software version. If it's 3.9 or above, he can install 4.020. If not, he will need to get 3.9 from customer service.

So, let's back up a bit... The Solix 10 G3 update notes state that the unit has to be at 3.900 or better to install 4.020. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think all Solix G3 units were initially shipped with a version above 3.900. That would explain why there is no 3.900+ update included in the Solix G3 4.020 update... It wouldn't be needed.

On the G1 or G2 Solix units, those have to be at 3.500 or greater and 3.500 is included in those updates.

7. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jym View Post
    Remember our buddy in this thread: http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1148389

In post #18, he states that his came with 3.89

So, the OP needs to check his current software version. If it's 3.9 or above, he can install 4.020. If not, he will need to get 3.9 from customer service.
    Oh yeah. I remember that thread now. Quite the ride.

It looks like that thread has been updated with a link to the 3.980 update that's ready for download... https://johnsonoutdoorsinc-my.sharep..._NUIw?e=WMYhr9

8. Member
    I checked 10minuts ago 4.020 file- not previous version ,actually download 3.980 and thanks a lot. I have expierience with different brands and in case updates - they go different way. Newest software included data from older ones.

9. Banned
    they did not come with 3.9 or higher, thats the issue i am having with my solix 10 g3s nd the file hummingbird emails you is a pdf and doesnt work!!!!!!!!

10. Banned
    WHERE DID YOU GET IT?? ITS NOT ON THEIR SITE AND THE ONE THEY SEND YOU DOESNT WORK! A MONTH NOW THIS IS BS.

Quote Originally Posted by MaciejK View Post
    I checked 10minuts ago 4.020 file- not previous version ,actually download 3.980 and thanks a lot. I have expierience with different brands and in case updates - they go different way. Newest software included data from older ones.

11. Member
    Update Software from the Files Tool for Solix:
    1. Put the file HB sent you on your SD card.
    2. Place the SD card into the card slot.
    3. Press the HOME key.
    4. Select the FILES tool.
    5. From the Software Update tab, select the version of the update.
    6. Select: Install now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Angler View Post
    WHERE DID YOU GET IT?? ITS NOT ON THEIR SITE AND THE ONE THEY SEND YOU DOESNT WORK! A MONTH NOW THIS IS BS.

12. Banned
    UPDATE DOWNLOADS AS THIS..
    SOLIX-UPDATE-R3.980 adobe acrobat no zip files

13. Banned
    doesnt work. yes the right card fat32. two different computers doesnt work unit doesnt detect it. it's a pdf file.

Update Software from the Files Tool for Solix:
    1. Put the file HB sent you on your SD card.
    2. Place the SD card into the card slot.
    3. Press the HOME key.
    4. Select the FILES tool.
    5. From the Software Update tab, select the version of the update.
    6. Select: Install now.

doesnt work. yes the right card fat32. two different computers doesnt work unit doesnt detect it. it's a pdf file.
    SOLIX software is a .upd file.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Banned
    yes but no matter what computer i use it saves it as a adobe acrobat pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    SOLIX software is a .upd file.

16. Member
    "yes but no matter what computer i use it saves it as a adobe acrobat pdf"

You can delete the 'pdf', and type 'upd', then save it.

Make sure you have the PC file options set to show file extensions, NOT 'hide' them:
    https://imgur.com/a/gIP7pkV

17. Member
    Please forget about what your stupid computers are telling you about Acrobat.

1. Confirm that software version is less than 3.98
    2. Disconnect everything from your unit except power.
    3. Export any waypoints you want to keep.
    4. Format Nav Directories
    5. Restore Factory Defaults.
    6. Download Solix software update 3.98 from here: https://johnsonoutdoorsinc-my.sharep..._NUIw?e=WMYhr9 to an empty 32mg or less SD card.
    7. Remove any SD cards from the Solix. Put the SD card with update in Solix.
    8. Press the HOME key.
    9. Select the FILES tool.
    10. From the Software Update tab, select the 3.98 version of the update.
    11. Select: Install now.
    12. Follow any onscreen directions.

If for some reason this doesn't work, then put the SD card in the 2nd SD card slot and do 8-12 again.

After a successful install, restore factory defaults again.

18. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    yes but no matter what computer i use it saves it as a adobe acrobat pdf
    I know from another post you started that you finally got the update done. It would be good for documentation purposes to post onto this thread what you had to do to resolve your issue. That way others who might be having a similar issue and use the search feature on the forum will be able to find the answer.

19. Banned
    thank you sir so much!!!!! the download hummingbord was emailing me kept downloading as a Adobe PDF and wouldnt work. I tried this and all good both both my Helix 10's g3 updated.

Please forget about what your stupid computers are telling you about Acrobat.

1. Confirm that software version is less than 3.98
    2. Disconnect everything from your unit except power.
    3. Export any waypoints you want to keep.
    4. Format Nav Directories
    5. Restore Factory Defaults.
    6. Download Solix software update 3.98 from here: https://johnsonoutdoorsinc-my.sharep..._NUIw?e=WMYhr9 to an empty 32mg or less SD card.
    7. Remove any SD cards from the Solix. Put the SD card with update in Solix.
    8. Press the HOME key.
    9. Select the FILES tool.
    10. From the Software Update tab, select the 3.98 version of the update.
    11. Select: Install now.
    12. Follow any onscreen directions.

If for some reason this doesn't work, then put the SD card in the 2nd SD card slot and do 8-12 again.

After a successful install, restore factory defaults again.

20. Banned
    Those of you with solix g3 units, downloat the updates from above johnson link. The ones hummingbirds are emailing are not correct file once downloaded 5 weeks back and fourth. Once doneyu can download the latest 4.020 update. Just an fyi I cannot see ML anywhere not in views and if try to use simulator mode it promps you that you will lose all way points. so yea once again hummingbird fail. Also I erased cards, put in and had the unit encrpt them prior to installing updates on them do not use cards greater than 32gb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast