Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Whose Still Fishing and What Are You Throwin

So we are creeping on Halloween and November is just around the corner. An I dont know about you guys, but I just cant bring myself to winterizing the boat just yet. It's funny how if you do research on what type of lures you should have tied on November, most of the articles and videos are dedicated to the southern boys, but few and far for us diehards up here in the North East.... So whose still fishing and what are you throwin.

I know myself personally, I love throwing football jigs, deep diving cranks
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 10-29-2021 at 03:49 PM.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    was out yesterday, a rig, spinnerbait, Keitech, Chatterbait. wacky, and Jig and obviously droppin down on smallies w a drop shot.

3. Member
    I’m winterizing mine tomorrow. It should be going into storage tomorrow but I haven’t been able to winterize it yet. I kept telling myself I’ll get out a few more times but more crap gets getting planned on the weekends so I’ll just use a jon boat or canoe if I wanna go
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

4. Member
    Small swim baits, perch colored Ned rigs, the rig, jigs with special trailer……. Really if you find em they will chew anything.

5. Member
    A rig, blade bait, jerk bait, swimbait, Ned

6. Member
    anyone been on Ontario recently? havent been out since early Oct??

7. Member
    Was on Chaumont last week. Water temp around 56. Did very well with smallies with some decent largies in the mix. Top 5 smallies weighed in at 27.90. Biggest being 6.24. The next day was a tougher bite only landing a few bass with some toothy critters.

8. Member
    Still getting them on A rig, swimbaits , spinner baits , Rapalas

3FCCF379-7D2D-4E20-B489-1030DEDFEEAF.jpeg

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

9. Member
    November 10th... un-named bay connected to Lake Ontario... water temp 49 - 51 degrees.... i put this youngster & his younger brother onto a dozen or more smallmouth over 5lbs including this one that I estimated well over 7lbs but as you can see the scale never settled higher than 6lbs10oz.... finesse baits, but fished faster than usual
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    Nice fish. Lake O churns out some big fish this time of the year. They sucking them or thumping those baits hard ?

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph44 View Post
    Still getting them on A rig, swimbaits , spinner baits , Rapalas

3FCCF379-7D2D-4E20-B489-1030DEDFEEAF.jpeg

12. Member
    Hopin to get out a few more times before end of year, not having the same kinda luck as you guys

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Mines put to bed for the winter got out to Onondaga last week ended the year on a 19 pound plus bag with a 5.25 largie kicker. See ya in April.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    Mines put to bed for the winter got out to Onondaga last week ended the year on a 19 pound plus bag with a 5.25 largie kicker. See ya in April.
    just put mine in storage last weekend. I’m hoping to have it on open water end of April again and that next year will be much better for me than the past 2.. This year was the first time I zeroed in a club tourney as a boater, didn’t catch a limit 6 times I went out (3 were in club events).. And only had 3 great days on the water, caught 70 fish in those 3 trips combined.

definitly one of the hardest years I’ve had.
    1995 Ranger 481v

15. Member
    Keep grinding my man!

16. Member
    Im done for the year, went out today, was spitting rain, wind was ripping 20mph and was cold AF. Fishing sucked, Im done for the year

17. Member
    Fished Sun, bite was good , Swim baits and jerkbait. Gonna go tomorrow, looking like deep freeze after that so may be the last day. I don't mind the cold, layer up, throw the gill insulated suit on, bites usually good and got the lake to myself, but when line starts freezing to the guides, that's enough for me. Unfortunately it's just about that time!

18. Member
    Where u fishing Apex

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Where u fishing Apex
    I fish otsego lake, launch is usually a pita. Another reason I like this time of year!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex400 View Post
    I fish otsego lake, launch is usually a pita. Another reason I like this time of year!
    Otsego is awful, there’s no fish in that lake

All joking aside Otsego is fun and ya the ramp sucks balls.

unfortunately due to social media and the Susquehanna bass guys hosting tournaments there quite a few times a year, that place is slowly starting to get a great reputation and it’s not a good thing.. I just hope it doesn’t end up like lake Moraine, Canadarago, or Chaumont where it was ridiculous a few years ago and since word got out those places are nothing but a memory of what it used to be.

I used to fish moraine religiously, then people started having tournaments and the social media crowd blew it up. Went from 20 fish days with an average bag of 18lbs to you’re lucky if you get 5 fish total
    Last edited by ECobb91; 11-26-2021 at 03:21 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast