Thread: Shibu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shibu

I feel like for the most part the coins are a Ponzi scheme, am I wrong, should I drop a grand that I don't care about on shibuira? Or whatever it's called?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I'm seeing Shibu trades being talked about as some of the most profitable ever. A few thousand already turned into billions in a few months. I watched a guy this morning completely devastated as he had a thousand worth of Shibu in August and sold it for a $300 lost, it would be worth $1billion today.

I thought the crypto space was a scam. I missed the boat. I feel like anything I would do now, I would be buying what some punk kid billionaire is selling. I don't want to finance some kids yacht.

That said, After yesterdays metaverse presentation from Meta, I'm convinced that the future does involve cryptos and nfts. The stuff I thought was a scam a few weeks ago. If I had money to burn, I would throw a few grand into some alt coins. I don't have money to burn, so I'm buying FB and will probably buy ETH at some point. Of course, I had ETH some time ago when it was a couple hundred bucks, but I don't want to talk about that.
    Thanos was the hero

Ponzi schemes involve taking new money coming in to pay current investors. When it first fails it's over. I do believe the majority of the crytos will fail, but they aren't ponzi schemes. Bitcoin has lost 90% of its value 7 times and it's still here. It's battle tested.

Realistically, if you can pay attention to it you can make money. I own 40 million shiba and I have made thousands over the last weeks.

5. Member
    One quadrillion of them available? That's interesting. But clearly it's moving

6. Member
    Is there a platform where you can trade several of these coins, kind of like a stock platform? What are hours of trading and how liquid are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Is there a platform where you can trade several of these coins, kind of like a stock platform? What are hours of trading and how liquid are they?
    You can use Coinbase and the exchange is 24/7.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Daleo View Post
    You can use Coinbase and the exchange is 24/7.
    What fluctuation per day is normal on these?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    What fluctuation per day is normal on these?
    Nothing really normal about it. I notice that there is usually a jump on Monday mornings and a drop before the weekend but one huge investor can make your money grow or if he sells it can hurt a price.

10. Member
    Nothing really normal about it. I notice that there is usually a jump on Monday mornings and a drop before the weekend but one huge investor can make your money grow or if he sells it can hurt a price.
    How hard is it to get an order to fill?

On coinbase it is instant. It is the simplest platform.

12. Member
    On coinbase it is instant. It is the simplest platform.
    I don’t trade Crypto but I do buy and sell Coinbase…it’s been great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    I don’t trade Crypto but I do buy and sell Coinbase…it’s been great.
    I have two other platforms I trade on, but coinbase has been the easiest and most consistent. I have a coinbase debit card I can use anywhere in the world, they just make it easy.

14. Member
    Made some good gains today see if it continues

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I'm seeing Shibu trades being talked about as some of the most profitable ever. A few thousand already turned into billions in a few months. I watched a guy this morning completely devastated as he had a thousand worth of Shibu in August and sold it for a $300 lost, it would be worth $1billion today.

I thought the crypto space was a scam. I missed the boat. I feel like anything I would do now, I would be buying what some punk kid billionaire is selling. I don't want to finance some kids yacht.

That said, After yesterdays metaverse presentation from Meta, I'm convinced that the future does involve cryptos and nfts. The stuff I thought was a scam a few weeks ago. If I had money to burn, I would throw a few grand into some alt coins. I don't have money to burn, so I'm buying FB and will probably buy ETH at some point. Of course, I had ETH some time ago when it was a couple hundred bucks, but I don't want to talk about that.
    -
    I know this is an old thread; but worth mentioning that the adoption rate of Bitcoin right now is about 2%. That’s about where the internet was in 1997. Never too late. No clue where it’s all going; but it’ll be a fun ride.
    -
    (full disclosure; I’ve only got just shy of double digit % of my portfolio in Bitcoin……….but, as said above, it’s battle tested and lots of institutional money coming in)

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motomania View Post
    -
    I know this is an old thread; but worth mentioning that the adoption rate of Bitcoin right now is about 2%. That’s about where the internet was in 1997. Never too late. No clue where it’s all going; but it’ll be a fun ride.
    -
    (full disclosure; I’ve only got just shy of double digit % of my portfolio in Bitcoin……….but, as said above, it’s battle tested and lots of institutional money coming in)
    I agree with you. I think this will be a good thread to come back and visit in a few years. I have some crypto and buy more every week with money I can afford to lose. I am buying Lite Coin every week. I think that will be a stable coin that will go way up in the next few years.

Now NFTs on the other hand I don’t think I will be buying any.

17. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I just wish someone could convince me and show me evidence of a use case. There's only two use cases that I can see. One to buy NFTs and the other is there's a greater fool out there to buy it at higher prices. I think there will be a use case for NFT's in the meta verse but I think any crypto will work depends on what the seller wants.
    Thanos was the hero

18. Member
    Looked into crypto and NFTs ... end result, buy more property.

19. Member
    I just wish someone could convince me and show me evidence of a use case. There's only two use cases that I can see. One to buy NFTs and the other is there's a greater fool out there to buy it at higher prices. I think there will be a use case for NFT's in the meta verse but I think any crypto will work depends on what the seller wants.
    -
    I’m with you about the use case of Bitcoin as actual currency, due to fees and slower speed and things like that (although the Lightning network/layer is supposed help with those issue). I see it more as an asset class. Digital gold kinda thing.
    -
    It’s Durable
    Portable
    Divisible
    Uniform
    Limited Supply

And With your seed phrases, countries can ban it all they want; they can’t take it from you. All you need is an internet connection.

Countries like Iceland 2008, Cypress 2013, Greece 2015, Argentina 2019 can’t have such a easy control of your assets.

It makes perfect sense for emerging nations too.

20. Member
    As for the greater fool theory; I like to look at Bitcoin like a peer-to-peer network.
    -
    like the telephone……..cool if you and 2 friends were the only ones with phones; but amazing if the world has them.

The internet; also cool if there’s only 4 or 5 websites to access; but invaluable with millions of websites.

Facebook is great with just Ivy League email addresses; but incredible when everyone’s email address is accepted.

(These are just some of the interesting notes I’ve taken on my phone after a few hundred hours of reading about Bitcoin. I’m fascinated by it and I realize it has limitations; but great potential. It’s certainly not for everyone though. And only a small part of my portfolio.)
    Last edited by motomania; 01-08-2022 at 02:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast