Warped Rod locker lid

Is anyone else rod locker lid warp on one end. My sits up about 1/4" higher near the drives console side.
    Will need to take it to the dealer to get it check but will not be going that way anytime soon.
    Really havent worried about it much but its starting to bother me.

Also should the center storage box be mounted center of the boat. Mine was installed about an 1" closer to the drive seat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Phoenix 919
    2021 Mercury 225

2. Member
    I have a 2021 919 as well, it is at the dealer for a replacement rod locker lid. It sticks up by the console and leaks big time. It looks to me like the hinge may be higher by the console and that’s what is causing the issue. My center box is mounted/centered between the seats.

Hopefully I will get it back soon and update.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott AU View Post
    Is anyone else rod locker lid warp on one end. My sits up about 1/4" higher near the drives console side.
    Will need to take it to the dealer to get it check but will not be going that way anytime soon.
    Really havent worried about it much but its starting to bother me.

Also should the center storage box be mounted center of the boat. Mine was installed about an 1" closer to the drive seat.
    My 2022 819 is the same way on the rod locker & center storage box. I did adjust the compression latch on the rod locker and it pulled it down some but still sticks up about 1/4”.

Sounds like Phoenix got a new lid installer in the past 2 months.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    Sounds like Phoenix got a new lid installer in the past 2 months.
    Looks like it. They also need to figure out how to measure to the center of the boat.

I guess I will be make another trip to the dealer to get these items fixed.

Did not notice the locker that much at first, but since the carpet has begin to settle in it has become more noticable.
    2021 Phoenix 919
    2021 Mercury 225

6. Member
    There's a fix for the lid of you want to try it. Not sure I would do it on the boat cause it would put some stress on the hinges. They are aluminum lids so its probably just warped a hair from anything really. You could literally just bend the lid to fit. Put a board under the middle of the short side of the lid and apply pressure to the corners and bend it a little. You won't even have to notice you bent it so be careful, it won't take much. The center alignment is weird, it's like they made that whole panel wrong, maybe they missed with the template for the holes

7. Member
    I just got mine back today. The new rod locker lid the dealer got from Phoenix was worse than the original, so they worked with original and did get it to fit better, but it still sticks up farther than the other rod locker lid and is a lot harder to open. Time will tell if it still leaks.

They also replaced the padded cooler lid due to it coming apart at the corners and it does not sit flush. They said as it wears in it should sit flush. Time will tell.

Looks like it. They also need to figure out how to measure to the center of the boat.

I guess I will be make another trip to the dealer to get these items fixed.

Did not notice the locker that much at first, but since the carpet has begin to settle in it has become more noticable.
    Did you get your storage box centered between the 2 seats?

9. Member
    No yet, been to busy with other things. Plan on working on that during thanksgiving break.
    2021 Phoenix 919
    2021 Mercury 225

No yet, been to busy with other things. Plan on working on that during thanksgiving break.
    Ok.
    Took mine back to my dealer. They ordered a new box and will install it.

11. Member
    Just my two cents, but the center box may be offset so the passenger can hold on to the handle built into the seat....
    Fish have fins, they swim

12. Member
    The larger starboard lid on the front deck of on my 2021 921 ProXP is crazy hard to pull open. It is to the point that it hurts my fingers trying to pull up on it. Anyone know any tricks to help this situation? It almost looks like it sits further down than my other lids