Thread: Caymas Trailer

Caymas Trailer

Question - I purchased a CX21 DC with a Marine Master dual axle trailer. The trailer currently has the disc brakes on one axle. Should I have MM put another axle with brakes?? (Its a big boat) Pro's/Con's - what do you guys have??

thanks

2. Member
    I have the CX21 with BTM trailer and it has single disc brakes on rear axle. I have a Z521 Ranger that I'm selling and it has dual disc brakes. I towed the Caymas from Kansas to California and have probably put another 1000 miles on the trailer with no problems. Never had any problems on the Ranger either and it was my 3rd one. My opinion is that unless you are dealing with a lot of steep grades, one set of disc brakes is enough. Also probably depends on what you are towing it with. I have an F250 and use the towing mode when I go through steep areas....a lot of mountain lakes here.

3. Member
    I ordered mine with dual brakes, there’s several states that require dual brakes. I have pulled Rangers for several years with dual brakes, it’s so much better especially in a tight situation!!!

4. Member
    thanks guys for the input...very helpful. MM said cheaper to put a new axle with brakes vs retro the existing and would be sometime in Jan 2022..lol.