Clark State Lake

For anyone out in the Ford county area, for that matter anyone, hows the fishing been out there? Thinking I'll get 1 last day this coming Saturday and have been intrigued bout Clark.

2. Member
    I'm no help to your question but if you do make it out there, I would like to here what you thought of it.
    Since I only do day trips, I stick to no more than 2 hour drives one way. So you won't see me ever make it out there.

Based off of records and stats I keep of lakes I fish or used to fish decades ago (slightly ocd)...
    with KDWP's fishing forecast (shocking report) showing result's on both bluegill and channel for Clark but not a single indication on bass it might not be good.
    I only say this because for example... we used to fish Herrington new lake way long time ago, and did good too on numbers and size of bass. After a draw down for dam repair the lake never recovered.
    It had got to the point that they no longer post any bass numbers from there day of shocking.... They still post the white bass numbers since they are at the top 2-3 for lakes in the state, but still no report on bass.
    Same can be said for Moline new lake also, 2nd to last of all lakes, you won't see me waste any more time there after my last trip a few years ago.

I don't know if others have experienced the same we have this year.... But it's like you can actually tell lakes were way over pressured this past year or so.
    This past weekend with perfect water temps, weather, and clarity. It was a struggle, until I decided I had to find something the fish haven't seen from the hordes of people.
    It was a 4" Bubble gum pink shaky head that caught the most fish. Been a weird year.
    2015 VT 17 w/ 75 4stroke Merc
    Garmin 106sv, Echomap Plus 73sv, & LVS34
    & lots of fish ;)

3. Member
    I agree the fishing has been tough, especially on days you would expect to slay em. Spoke to a customer the other day and he said he loved the solitude of Clark and fishing was not dissappointing. But he ran into some wipers and that may have made the day.

4. Member
    Clark lake was lowered a year or so ago to fix the spillway. It has not filled back up yet. I haven’t been over there in a few years, but last I heard you can safely launch a smaller boat. A 20ft bass boat may still be a little difficult. The upper end of the lake is pretty much dry, that was the best area for bass habitat. Typically it is a decent bass lake, good amount of white bass as well. If your only looking to shore fish your areas are limited to mostly the east side of the lake. If you can’t launch a boat on Clark you may want to look at Horsetheif up by Jetmore. That lake is full and has decent fishing.

5. Member
    10-4, will probably get out there this weekend. Appreciate the info