Just over a Year with my 1880

Its been a fun year with the 1880. Its had a ton of fish in the boat. Probably spent way to much time in the prep area showing the boat. A few guys put there boat on spot lock in the middle of the lake to jump in
    the 1880 for a ride. The boat still puts a smile on my face every time on the water. I came out of a glass boat and really had no idea on ride quality. I have been out in some bad wind. When other tin boats were turning tail I was still fishing. Boat handles and rides very well.

Okay so I assume someone will ask about problems. Just with anything new there might be some bugs.
    The plastic piece on the end of the front seat post broke. The flow right cable for the drain plug came apart at the switch. Small water leak on the drivers side rear tie down. One email to my area rep and everything was handled asap! No complaints!

I am a little OCD with my electrical wiring and connections in a boat. Vexus beat me to the punch with how the boat is wired. I was impressed! Correct gauge wire and placed stub outs were needed. This saved me alot of time and money.
    I added a plug next to the drivers console for the battery charger. I added a switch to turn off my MFD’s seperate from the battery switch. I added blinker trim and then LED lighting in all my front compartments. Just recently installed 3 31 series AGM’s. I also replaced the front bow roller with a urethane model. These are just things I did to
    make the boat my own.

I would buy another one without hesitation.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

2. Member
    How hard was it to install the blinker trim and mind sharing the brand and cost?

3. Member
    I just purchased a new 2022 AVX1880 two months ago and hope I can give a good review like you did after a year. My two month review is "wow", it exceeds my expectations coming from a fiberglass bass boat!

4. Member
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    How hard was it to install the blinker trim and mind sharing the brand and cost?
    The hardest part is getting the steering wheel off. They make a blinker trim that doesn’t require the steering to be removed. Mine is called a finger flex
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

6. Member
    Your posts and the conversations we had about your rig helped me decide to get a 1980 back in Feb. Mines been amazing too.