Anyone install a Terrova on a Tracker?

Picking it up Saturday and looking to start the install this weekend assuming I can clean up my wiring mess in the back first. I've done a few YouTube reviews and am also taking into account I need to install my existing transducer in addition to my livescope transducer (precision sonar mount). Any helpful tips?

2. Member
    What is on there now? I replaced the powerdrive on my tracker with a terrova and it matched the holes exactly, no modification needed.
    John

2016 Tracker Pro Guide V16 WT w/2019 Mercury 90 4 Stroke and Terrova 55
    Garmin 93SV UHD (Bow), Garmin 73SV UHD (Console), Garmin Livescope (Bow on Fishing Specialties Bowducer)
    Dakota 100AH TM Battery, Ionic 125AH Cranking/House Battery;
    Dual Power-Pole Micros

Quote Originally Posted by purduephigam View Post
    Picking it up Saturday and looking to start the install this weekend assuming I can clean up my wiring mess in the back first. I've done a few YouTube reviews and am also taking into account I need to install my existing transducer in addition to my livescope transducer (precision sonar mount). Any helpful tips?
    I see you are going to be doing the install on a Classic XL. If you have the original troller still which is the Edge, you will be super disappointed in knowing that the holes will NOT match up. Maybe one or two will, but for mine I chose to mount it slightly off so the head is as far outward toward the gunnel as possible.

- for the best access, remove your recessed foot pedal tray, and you'll be able to comfortably reach all the slots for the holes from there.

- DO NOT use self tappers! Use the supplied hardware from Minn Kota from the troller.

- install a little silicone on the nuts and let them dry on the washers for ease of install.

- if installing the 24V version Terrova, do not worry about re-wiring. The stock wiring is plenty suffice for the demand the Terrova requires even max settings.

- you can use JB weld marine weld putty to seal up the old holes to prevent water intrusion. Once set, use a razor blade to smooth out the holes and remove the excess before it dries. From there you can either sand and re- paint, or you can just throw some SeaDek over them. (I still haven't done either. Lol.)

I hope this helps.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeboating View Post
    I see you are going to be doing the install on a Classic XL. If you have the original troller still which is the Edge, you will be super disappointed in knowing that the holes will NOT match up. Maybe one or two will, but for mine I chose to mount it slightly off so the head is as far outward toward the gunnel as possible.

- for the best access, remove your recessed foot pedal tray, and you'll be able to comfortably reach all the slots for the holes from there.

- DO NOT use self tappers! Use the supplied hardware from Minn Kota from the troller.

- install a little silicone on the nuts and let them dry on the washers for ease of install.

- if installing the 24V version Terrova, do not worry about re-wiring. The stock wiring is plenty suffice for the demand the Terrova requires even max settings.

- you can use JB weld marine weld putty to seal up the old holes to prevent water intrusion. Once set, use a razor blade to smooth out the holes and remove the excess before it dries. From there you can either sand and re- paint, or you can just throw some SeaDek over them. (I still haven't done either. Lol.)

I hope this helps.

I had intended to take off the front deck altogether as I anticipated the holes to not line up. I've got to make sure I can utilize a new recessed tray for the pedal anyway (rig the drain tube, etc). No issues in repairing the old holes either. I have the 12v system which came with the boat (I believe 10ga wiring). I'm hoping this is sufficient as routing 8ga would be a giant pain in the a$$. I anticipate a long and tedious install based on the amount of auxillary crap I need to outfit everything. Just wanted to see if there were any common issues in the install I should prepare for.

Thanks everyone.

5. Member
    I had intended to take off the front deck altogether as I anticipated the holes to not line up. I've got to make sure I can utilize a new recessed tray for the pedal anyway (rig the drain tube, etc). No issues in repairing the old holes either. I have the 12v system which came with the boat (I believe 10ga wiring). I'm hoping this is sufficient as routing 8ga would be a giant pain in the a$$. I anticipate a long and tedious install based on the amount of auxillary crap I need to outfit everything. Just wanted to see if there were any common issues in the install I should prepare for.

Thanks everyone.
    I think with that flat foot pedal on a Terrova, I would rather not have a recessed tray. I have a Terrova on a panfish 16 and its a good trolling motor. Good luck with your boat.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

6. Member
    The Terrova foot pedal doesn't fit in the recessed tray that came on my PT 175TXW. I made a wider one and had it powder coated.
    2021 Gator Trax 21' Strike Series
    Mercury 250 ProXS #3B134663

Thanks everyone.
    The best solution for the super low pro e-pedal the Terrova has and the recessed tray is to install some sort of riser into the tray so the pedal can rest high in the recess. I still have to do something with mine as well, but for now it does the job just fine on my recessed tray.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

8. Member
    As far as the tray goes, I could've just installed a riser, but thought it would not look very clean. I went ahead with a custom tray which will accept the new pedal. Being that I'm removing the front deck anyways, a few extra cuts to get this tray to fit won't be a big deal and I'm confident I'll have a nicer, cleaner end result. I'll be sure to post up some photos when I'm done. Although with a 2 y/o it might take a few weeks...

9. Member
    duplicate post
    Last edited by MikeCSr; 10-30-2021 at 08:56 PM. Reason: it did a double posting

10. Member
    I built a riser for my PT175 when I removed the Edge and put on a Terrova using some scrap wood I had as well as some left over outdoor paint from painting the wife's she shed.. so nothing fancy, but it works great and not really an eyesore. I may lower it down some and I may repaint it black or red or grey over the winter..
    Attachment 468884
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCSr View Post
    I built a riser for my PT175 when I removed the Edge and put on a Terrova using some scrap wood I had as well as some left over outdoor paint from painting the wife's she shed.. so nothing fancy, but it works great and not really an eyesore. I may lower it down some and I may repaint it black or red or grey over the winter..
    Attachment 468884
    That looks good
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wgammill View Post
    That looks good
    Thank you very much!

13. Member
    Before
    20211029_132818.jpg

After
    20211112_110410.jpg
    20211108_200611.jpg

Well gents, went ahead and finished the project. Everything is calibrated and working wonderfully. It'll be a long wait this winter but I figured there won't be any troubleshooting come March and I can just get right to catching fish. I will add some sea deck up front as well as a pull cord to help stow the motor. Thanks for everyones' tips on the matter. Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images