Power Pole Charge - Does it live up to the hype?

Hey Guys,

Anyone have experience with a Power Pole Charge while running 1 AGM cranking battery and 3 lead trolling motor batteries? Is it really so good that you don’t have to plug your boat in all season like some pros have been saying? Im wondering if it is worth the price.

Thanks!

2. Member
    I have lithiums hooked up to PP Charge. If you run around, your boat will be fully charged. If you are a camper at one or two areas, you will still need to charge up your batteries.

Don't have that same battery configuration as the OP but my PP charge lives up to the hype in my battery arrangement (2 Lithiums/1 AGM). It appears some battery arrangements do present some issues to the PP charging system though. Based on what I have read so far, your arrangement should work perfectly fine
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    2021 Mercury ProXS 250hp 4S

4. Member
    Not worth the price in my opinion. Consider how long you fish and how long your run times are if you are making a long run yes/maybe but what’s a 10/15 min run going to do for recharging. I’m running lithium’s so fact is they really don’t drop that much for myself to justify the the price of the PP charge

5. Member
    I bought one for same setup, AGM starter and 3 lead trollers. Personally looking back I wish I would have spent that money on 3 lithium trolling motor batteries. I mean it works, but I think I would have gained more from the battery upgrade.
    2012 Ranger Z521
    2012 ProXS 250

6. Member
    I’ve heard about some issues with them having trouble charging at times. Went with bigger lithium’s instead, happy with the decision.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Does it live up to the Hype.... no... i have Lead acid TM and AGM cranking... I'm constantly getting wrong voltage readings via there app.

Btw I dont think there are any CHARGES to be had at the moment.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

8. Member
    Plugged in and charging while not on the water? Nope. Does not live up to the hype. I do not trust it. Issues with fully charging TM batteries (mainly battery #2). It tries to be too smart. When plugged in it should just charge all of the batteries (lithium in my case) and then be done. But no, it’s always doing something it seems. Send current from TM batteries to cranking and vice versa.

On the water? It’s great. Works exactly as it should. And with lithium’s (would not be nearly as efficient without them) moderate running can easily out a good amount of amps back in ton your batteries. 3-5 day trips to remote lakes without power? No problem now.

So, I am torn. I really want it to work. Seems like PP is giving up on it though from a charging plugged in perspective.

9. Banned
    The price of that charger is insane.... I run 2 x 12v lithiums and an AGM cranker with a MK Pc charger and it works flawlessly. I can't kill my 65ah in a day of fishing, I can't kill them in 2 days so.... why spend $2000 for a charger. That's just me tho.

10. Member
    Its a battery charger, no way it lives up to the price. You still have to charge your batteries just like every other charger and there's much cheaper options if you want charge-on-the-run or power sharing options. Not to mention the lithium option