Help picking new megabass rod

I’m getting a new Levante rod and looking for suggestions. I really don’t know what I want, so here is what I have.

Gen 1 Orochi XX EMTF
    Gen 1 Orochi XX Ronin
    Gen 2 Levante Leviathan
    Hedgehog Evoluzion F4st-69RSDti
    X4 F3-610X4S Aaron Martens Limited

Daiwa Tatula 6’9” jerkbait rod
    Daiwa DX 7’6” crankbait rod
    IRod a-rig rod

Maybe get a rod to fill a gap or replace a non-Megabass rod. I appreciate any advice.

The question is: What do you want the rod to do? Are you looking for a moving bait rod? A jig rod? Cranking rod? Spinning rod vs casting?

Levante Line
    Tour Versatile
    Perfect Pitch
    Diablo Spec-R
    Braillist

Daiwa BLX
    7'MH/F
    7'4 MH/Med Fast

Just some thoughts.

After owning rods from just about every rod maker I have come to a conclusion that you don't need a special rod for some techniques. I can find a very good spinnerbait, buzzbait, frog, and Crankbait rod for very little money and don't need a G Loomis or Megabass to fill that gap.

However depending on what you use it for Drop Shot, Jigs, bottom contact I would invest the money on the best rod you can afford.

Hard to beat a Perfect Pitch or Diablo Spec R for their versatility. Both can do many things well.

5. Member
    Decided on another leviathan. I’m in SoCal and committing to big baits this year. One with a high speed reel and one with a low speed reel. I’ll likely pick up the PP and DSR eventually, but I’ll get them in the orochi xx line. I had the first gen Orochi xx Dsr and loved it but sold it to fund the emtf.

thanks again

6. Member
    FYI ... The G1 Leviathan I had was a really solid Punch Rod.

As it pertains to the Orochi XX and the Levante series the model that was known as the Leviathan is now the F10-80XX or F10-711LV respectively.

8. Member
    So the new levante I'm getting is actually a warranty replacement for a gen 1 Launcher I had. Just got word that the PP is in stock so I'm taking it. Time to decide what reel to put on it.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vncnt View Post
    So the new levante I'm getting is actually a warranty replacement for a gen 1 Launcher I had. Just got word that the PP is in stock so I'm taking it. Time to decide what reel to put on it.
    Curado 200K XG

10. Member
    I would try for a gen 1 PP over the gen 2. The gen 1 stick is amazing. I have heard the gen 2 are softer and don't have the x factor of the gen 1 PP. I love my gen 1 PP. Never selling that one.