Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Inflation has hit the puppy market

Lost my buddy of 10 years not to long ago and been looking for a new companion. Holy smokes every breed id be interested in is 1800-3500. Last time I purchased akc registered pups they were no more than 500-600 maybe. I have visited the local animal shelter and fostered a couple dogs but no luck so far with them taking up with small kids. Maybe I’m in the dark on puppy prices but to me they sure have gone up.

Just go to the local animal shelter and pick one out. I don’t see the reason to spend a lot on a dog unless it’s going to be a service or hunting dog.

Rescue. There are sweet souls waiting for the right person to adopt them and they only cost the adoption fee.
    We lost 2 great Danes (both over 10 years old) and our Black Lab (16 years old) this year. We will be patient before we get another dog but this time we will adopt.

4. Member
    Our rescue pup was about 250.00. He had all shots and was neutered. He's been a great dog.

Our last three dogs have all been rescues. They have all been great dogs for us.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canman_83 View Post
    Lost my buddy of 10 years not to long ago and been looking for a new companion. Holy smokes every breed id be interested in is 1800-3500. Last time I purchased akc registered pups they were no more than 500-600 maybe. I have visited the local animal shelter and fostered a couple dogs but no luck so far with them taking up with small kids. Maybe I’m in the dark on puppy prices but to me they sure have gone up.
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Just go to the local animal shelter and pick one out. I don’t see the reason to spend a lot on a dog unless it’s going to be a service or hunting dog.
    Anyone else have any advice?
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    If you looking for a Brittany Check out NBRAN they helped us!

I'm sure others have web sites also.

https://nbran.org/

8. Member
    Rescue is the way to go. A win for everybody-- dog and people. We rescued a little dachshund about 8 years ago and we are so glad. She has been a great member of our family

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN Bass View Post

If the local animal shelter isn’t working there are tons of rescues. There are even rescues that just take a particular breed or two.

10. Member
    My GF's daughter just got a cute rescue puppy. Their house was empty, their two sons off to college, their dog died last year. She, her husband, and Charlie The Dog are blissful.

Not for all, but it sure worked for them.

11. Member
    Another vote for rescue.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN Bass View Post
    facebook market place

13. Member
    paid $500 for my lab pup in July, papers and everything, not quite as good as the previous one, but she's getting there

14. Member
    The 2 I have now and the last one were all rescues and have been nothing but wonderful additions to our family.

Also check with organizations like Retriever Rescue in your state if you are looking for a specific breed, that is how I got 2 of my labs.

15. Member
    Just to share my experience... I have always had pets (dogs and cats ) that were either from breeders or kittens from a local cat. When our last cat had to be put down I adopted a cat from an animal shelter as a kitten. He is not a bad cat just just will not socialize with anyone. Will hardly let you pet him. SO just something to think about.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

16. Member
    It seems every time we start looking they are all expensive. Just keep looking, expand your search area, something will popup sooner or later.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

17. Member
    Don't know if beagles are on your radar but they make a fine addition to any family. Very easy for children to be around. Warning---they love everyone so we have a large fenced yard.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin

18. Member
    If you think buying the pup is expensive wait until you see the grooming and Vet bills.

19. Member
    Our rescue pup rescued us

20. Member
    Puppy prices have been crazy for a long time now, its not a new thing. There are lots of breed specific rescues that you could check out. I am an Australian shepherd person and there are several Australian shepherd rescues in my state. So if nothing peaks your interest at the local shelter, google the kind of dog you want and see if there are any rescues in your area that have some available for foster/adoption. Rescue animals can sometimes take alot of patience but they will come around, they just take time and effort from the owners.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast