Stress crack in the fiberglass boats

Anybody having stress crack issues in the vx-20.21 line up?

2. Member
    Nope...
    2021 Vexus VX20
    250 Pro XS V8

3. Member
    Doubtful it will ever happen. The process used by Vexus and the quality of materials bodes against stress cracks. I've been in some rough water and don't have a one.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckHannaford View Post
    Doubtful it will ever happen. The process used by Vexus and the quality of materials bodes against stress cracks. I've been in some rough water and don't have a one.
    What process are they using? I know that they paint the exterior or were painting the exterior. Is there a link to a video showing what they are doing?
    This is not a call-out. I am truly interested.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

5. Member
    Tons of them in my old ranger.

6. Member
    Vexus and and at least one other boat builder are using a vacuum infusion process for fiberglass versus the chopper gun/rolled resin process. They are doing some other cool things as well. You can see more at the Vexus site under "Heart and Soul" header. Take a look at the Heart and Soul "The Next Generation". Pretty interesting to watch all of the video's.
    https://vexusboats.com/heart-and-sou.../#page-content

7. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie442 View Post
    Vexus and and at least one other boat builder are using a vacuum infusion process for fiberglass versus the chopper gun/rolled resin process. They are doing some other cool things as well. You can see more at the Vexus site under "Heart and Soul" header. Take a look at the Heart and Soul "The Next Generation". Pretty interesting to watch all of the video's.
    https://vexusboats.com/heart-and-sou.../#page-content

8. Member
    Well mine has several stress cracks vexus is getting it from my dealer soon so we will see how it’s handled.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckHannaford View Post

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter A View Post
    Well mine has several stress cracks vexus is getting it from my dealer soon so we will see how it’s handled.
    What model VX? Where are the cracks?

11. Member
    if it is fiberglass or aluminum an it it is run in big waves fast it will have cracks no boat company is immune to it.

12. Member
    Lol I’ve ran rangers for years not one stress crack this thing has more than ten.it’s not aluminum it’s a vx -21.

13. Member
    Stress cracks are actually gel coat cracks. Conventional fiberglass molding is a reverse process of spraying either clear or tinted gel coat (resin type product) into the mold first. Then paint and then the fiberglass. The fiberglass can be applied using a few different methods. Also, it can be vac bagged for the curing process to vacate any air from the fiberglass/resin. When the boat is flexed the brittle gel coat can crack because there are no fibers in it. If a boat must remain crack free it has to be built either not to flex or control where it flexes. Well engineered boats will crack less for this reason. But if we beat them up, they will all crack. This is my understanding.
    Last edited by KennyVexus; 10-28-2021 at 03:48 PM.
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer

14. Member
    Ok I started out asking if anyone has had this problem now I’m beating my boat up driving it the way I always been driving my rangers and skeeter I can see how this probably going to go but I’ll remain calm until vexus looks at it.

15. Member
    Ok I started out asking if anyone has had this problem now I’m beating my boat up driving it the way I always been driving my rangers and skeeter I can see how this probably going to go but I’ll remain calm until vexus looks at it.
    Some folks say all boats will crack. I think that's B.S. If built properly they should not crack. I had a Legend V20 that I loved but it cracked all over in the first year. My current boat is a Bass Cat Lynx. I've had that boat in some nasty rough water and not one single crack in 3 years. I'm interested in a VX21 for my next boat and will be following this post closely.

16. Member
    Really? That was your takeaway from my posting? Sorry I took the time.
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer