Thread: Carpet repair

Carpet repair

I have a 2013 Z521 and a small section of carpet in the cockpit area has become loose. Has anyone had to make this repair? What did you use? Do you use some type of injection?
    TIA

If I wasn't lost, I'd surely know where I was going!

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Doing a forum search on the topic, I saw several recommendations for the injection method, using superglue or carpet cement. Suggestions for a “needle” included a vet supply injector or one used in crafts/woodworking. Of course, you’d also need a glue runny enough to be injected. If it was me, I’d try a local carpet shop that does installations, etc. Surely at some point in time they’ve encountered a wrinkle or bubble that needed a little persuasion.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smith64a View Post
    I have a 2013 Z521 and a small section of carpet in the cockpit area has become loose. Has anyone had to make this repair? What did you use? Do you use some type of injection?
    TIA
    Where is it coming loose from does it happen to be directly under the steering wheel. If so it’s loose from steering fluid leaking on it and eating the glue. If so it must be pulled up cleaned very well with thinners to get the oil out of the fiberglass. Then new carpet put down. If not then just use a needle and inject glue in and sit something heavy on it till the glue drys
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

4. Member
    It’s actually loose on the passenger side of the cockpit area.

If I wasn't lost, I'd surely know where I was going!

5. Member
    Try the contact cement from Bird Song Adhesives. I think it is #454. That stuff Is pretty thin and then sets and holds very well. Could use a Turkey injector and shoot it thru the carpet.