Can’t get my hub out of fury prop that came new on my 200 pro XS

Serial #: 3B099541

Hi. I put this in the props section as well but haven't got much response.
    I’m swapping my fury prop for a tempest and I can’t get the black plastic hub out of the fury. Is the thing pressed in there? I don’t think it should be? Also- if I can’t get it out do I need to order another hub kit and if so is my shaft a 1” or a 1.25”. Hope there’s a trick to getting it out. Thanks a bunch.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Do you have an SSR Hub Kit in your prop? Those sometimes have to be pressed (or driven) out.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    You need to find a man with a press, or get a bottle jack and rig it.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

On a new prop, getting the sleeve out can be tricky. It isn't pressed in and should come out with some careful persuasion. If you don't feel comfortable, you might want to take it to your dealer and have them tap it out for you. Is the Fury a 22P?

5. Member
    It’s a 23p and my dealer is 4.5 hrs away. I think I’ll just order another hub kit. So the actual shaft portion with the splines is 1” in diameter and then where it goes into the lower unit it goes up to a bigger diameter. I do believe it’s the pro-torq SSR hub kit.

6. Member
    A piece of 2x4, all thread, a couple nuts and washers is how I got mine out. 2x4 on one end, all thread through it. Washer on hub and tighten nuts to pull it out.

7. Member
    I've used a 1-1/16 deep socket, an extension, and 4 pound hammer to drive the SSR hub out in a pinch. Put a little grease on it before you install it in the other prop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetch114 View Post
    It’s a 23p and my dealer is 4.5 hrs away. I think I’ll just order another hub kit. So the actual shaft portion with the splines is 1” in diameter and then where it goes into the lower unit it goes up to a bigger diameter. I do believe it’s the pro-torq SSR hub kit.
    Interesting. I recently saw a new 200 Pro XS with a 22 Fury from the factory.

9. Member
    The same trick worked for me. I removed a Solas Rubex 123 hub from a mercury prop using the same method and the Rubex 123 is all rubber not partial rubber like the SSR kit.

10. Member
    I’m leaving it on the prop and ordered a new hub kit. Figured it would be good to have a spare anyway. Thanks for all your advice I do appreciate it greatly.

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mysuzytoo View Post
    Interesting. I recently saw a new 200 Pro XS with a 22 Fury from the factory.
    Interesting. Engines come in the crate with no propeller (or prop hub) when they ship from Mercury.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lostone View Post
    A piece of 2x4, all thread, a couple nuts and washers is how I got mine out. 2x4 on one end, all thread through it. Washer on hub and tighten nuts to pull it out.
    This worked really well. Thanks! :)