Friends of NRA Dinner

This past Saturday was the 3rd event I've attended over the years and the second one I've won a really nice gun at. The first was several years ago when Kel-Tec came out with the KSG and I won the raffle for it. Saturday I went with my brother and his oldest son, it was their first event. I bought a $300 fun pack to play the games and enter raffles and such which turned out to not get me anything. They auctioned of ammo cans, 12 of them throughout the auction process. 6 cans had $100 worth of raffle tickets, 3 cans had $200 worth of raffle tickets, and 3 cans had a receipt for a firearm in each. There were 2 pistols and an AR. The cans were actually going pretty low so I decided to start biding. I won the auction on the 11th can for $375. Now the rule for the auction winners was you couldn't open the can until all were auctioned off and everyone would open at the same time. I generally don't have much luck when it comes to winning anything so I had about 30-45 minutes for anxiety to build up and I start having a feeling that I just paid $375 for $100 worth of raffle tickets and of course that feeling just kept brewing around in my head and then my gut. They did the countdown to open the cans and when I opened mine, I saw the pink slip so I knew I won a gun. I really didn't want another pistol so I was hoping for the AR. I flipped the pink slip over and saw Fostech on it and instantly became happy as hell, I won the AR! Of course I had to look up it's value and found out it's a $1600 rifle and that made me even more happy since I spent a total of $800 that night, definitely came out on top. I went this morning to my FFL to pick it up and also bought a Sig Romeo 5 to mount on it. Going to the range Thursday to zero it and see how she shoots.
    2000 Ranger 518vx - 2019 Mercury Pro xs 200

Congrats, hope it shoots well !!!

3. Member
    Always nice to see that when somebody spends a lot you’re able to go home happy. Your definitely a friend of the NRA.
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs & 4 step Trick Step
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q