Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    What makes it bad and Congrats on the meat deer!

Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    Update: after the abysmal conditions this week, I finally managed to put a big doe in the freezer. This has been the worse weather for muzzleloader season in a long, long time. Ending my hunt today, and heading home tomorrow. Three more weeks and I will be on one of my bucket list hunts (Nilgai).
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

Quote Originally Posted by BOW4UM View Post
    What makes it bad and Congrats on the meat deer!
    First two days were hot and super windy. Then one mostly decent day with a thunderstorm in the afternoon. Next three days was continuous rain and wind. This morning was cooler and no rain, but pretty stout winds. Tomorrow is supposed to be great (high 30’s, no rain, no wind), but I will be back on the road to south Texas.

Spent $12 at the car wash today and only knocked off the big chunks of mud.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Yep that's a lot of weather change. I go by the old adage that Bass like low pressure and Bucks like high pressure. Especially a 3-day consistent high!

Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    First two days were hot and super windy. Then one mostly decent day with a thunderstorm in the afternoon. Next three days was continuous rain and wind. This morning was cooler and no rain, but pretty stout winds. Tomorrow is supposed to be great (high 30’s, no rain, no wind), but I will be back on the road to south Texas.

Spent $12 at the car wash today and only knocked off the big chunks of mud.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

4. Member
    I'll be going out this Saturday with black powder. I pulled my cameras two weeks ago. Nothing special on the memory cards. I hunt does primarily but won't shoot one if the young one is still with her mom. Going to be cold (for me) around freezing. I hate cold weather.

Have a good spot this year and seeing a ton of doe and have five different bucks on cam. Only one that looks to be a nice one. Starting vacation next week and peak rut here in MA. so hoping for the best.

6. Moderator
    I finally got a turkey with my bow tonight. Had a little over an hour before dark so I grabbed my gear and got in the woods. On the walk in I had a bunch of young turkeys in the field. They spotted me but not before I could get off a shot on the closest one. Small bird but it will be good on the smoker for thanksgiving.

7. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I finally saw my target buck this afternoon. Sitting up him in the morning.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    I finally got a turkey with my bow tonight. Had a little over an hour before dark so I grabbed my gear and got in the woods. On the walk in I had a bunch of young turkeys in the field. They spotted me but not before I could get off a shot on the closest one. Small bird but it will be good on the smoker for thanksgiving.

Any turkey with a bow is a trophy. I’ve shot at two with a bow. Missed one completely, and knocked feathers off the other.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

Finished up my doe hunt today at noon, went to Canada on Friday and picked up my unicorn of a xbolt rifle to build out this winter. So I'm pretty stoaked. Now some pheasants after work before hockey practice to wrap up the year. Maybe I'll take the boat out a few more times.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

10. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Shooter at 10 this morning and I never got a shot. Coming straight at me and the turned inside out when he hit my scent. 48 years of hunting them and still make little mistakes. Oh well was ready for season to be done yet anyway.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

11. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Got a 8 point Saturday morning that started showing up at a feeder every morning between 8-10 the last two weeks. I sat Friday morning and he did not show. But he made his last showing Saturday morning at 8.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

12. Member
    Been living here 27 years and have always said I wanted to kill one on my property. Finally put forth a little time in a blind and got a good doe this morning
    E0041F29-601D-4CF5-9B07-5409A1F4CE19.jpeg

13. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by birddogkay View Post
    Been living here 27 years and have always said I wanted to kill one on my property. Finally put forth a little time in a blind and got a good doe this morning
    Awesome, congrats. I finally killed one on a piece of property I own this year. I hunted all last year and missed when given the opportunity. It’s a good feeling.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by birddogkay View Post
    Congrats - meat in the freezer! from your own property no less.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

15. Member
    Congrats! With a bow too!

Turkeys come thru often on my deer hunts in the stand. Sit still and watch 'em. If the turkeys aren't spooked, nothing's spooked.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

16. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by djb750 View Post
    Congrats! With a bow too!

Turkeys come thru often on my deer hunts in the stand. Sit still and watch 'em. If the turkeys aren't spooked, nothing's spooked.
    Thanks guys. It's my first turkey with a bow.

17. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Congrats! I have killed two wit my bow, but the on in New Zealand probably shouldn’t count as they weren’t real afraid of you over there , living with no preditors.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Flubbed a shot on my target 10 pointer. Just laying low till firearms season, hopefully my 9 yr old will tag one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12