Charging a Fifth Battery

I have a 40 amp 4 bank lithium charger which charges 3 lithium TM batteries and 1 AGM cranking battery. I am going to be adding another lithium to be used solely for my electronics. Is there a way to add the new lithium to my charging system so it can be charged with the others so I don't have to use a separate charger? Thanks!

2. Member
    The Lithium version of the Combiner 100 will take care of it and also charge it from the alternator when the motor is running.
    http://www.yandina.com/c100Info.htm

3. Member
    Thanks, Ann-Marie. That looks like what I need.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann-Marie View Post
    The Lithium version of the Combiner 100 will take care of it and also charge it from the alternator when the motor is running.
    http://www.yandina.com/c100Info.htm
    I also have 3 lithium and 1 agm starting battery and a 4 bank Minnkota 460 precision charger. If I add another lithium for electronics only and hook the combiner up to the AGM and to the 4th lithium, will that 4th lithium charge when I plug in my 4 bank charger? I sometimes use a portable charger to charge my cranking battery because my 3 lithium’s do not need charged, will the 4th lithium charge this way also? Thanks

MK has a brand new 5 bank charger coming out that is optimized for lithiums
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

6. Member
    Erie660, I went to the Yandina website and read about the Combiner 100. Whenever the cranking battery is receiving a charge from any source, ie., big motor, on-board charger, etc, the Combiner will open and the 5th battery will also receive a charge. When the cranking battery is not receiving a charge, the Combiner will be closed so the cranking battery will not pull current from the 5th battery. I went ahead and ordered one.

7. Member
    I don't fish tournaments so my live-wells hold tackle. My priority is full power for my electronics(alot).

If you have 2 lithium batteries in parallel. Can't you connect a Mercury's positive lead to 1st battery's positive and negative lead to 2nd battery's negative. which would equalize charging? Should the Mercury alternator care if it's charging one 12v/125ah or two parallel at 12v/250ah? This way 12v/250ah is true parallel for all my electronics, not just a "house" battery at 12v/125ah.

I don't think I could drain 12v/250ah in one day. Better to drain both parallel batteries to 50%, then the one house battery to 80%.

Or am I misunderstanding lithium battery drain and charging.

For a charger, I'm thinking a Minn Kota MK-550-PCL. 5-bank, 10amp per bank and let the MK550 independently charge each battery.
    Last edited by LittleGazoo; 10-26-2021 at 07:05 PM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    MK has a brand new 5 bank charger coming out that is optimized for lithiums
    Anyone have any G2 on when it will actually be available?

9. Member
    If you are just adding a house battery and want to use your existing charger, the combiner makes a lot of sense. If you are looking for a charging system that can handle 5 batteries at once (or less), you should consider the Stealth 1 Charging system. There is a model for using an AGM starting battery with a lithium house battery (separate AC charging banks), or one for both lithium starting and house batteries. The same charging system also charges my 100 aHr lithium trolling batteries (36 volt). Charges your batteries from both AC and DC. I can even charge my batteries from my truck alternator if I wanted with the TowNCharge Stealth 1 makes although I rarely use this anymore as I can go many days without connecting to AC. And I have a battery switch for my starter and house battery for emergency starts and battery equalization.

I can't see a reason to wait for some other unproven charger.
    ciao,
    Marc