Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Casting Deck & Micro Anchor Installed on Tracker Classic XL!

Worked on these 2 upgrades this week instead of fishing...I think it'll be worth it......

Did a 2' extension and a single door. Still wanted a place for the cooler and tackle bag on the floor. It was a good amount of work at least for me... Im pretty handy, but this was a process that I needed to take my time and be attentive to detail for sure. Its not as perfect as Id wanted it to be, but its still presentable and functional.

For the Power Pole Micro Anchor and Power Pole bracket, it was pretty straight forward.... Drilling the 1/2" holes through the transom was a bit un-nerving, but it went pretty smooth. I used 3M 5200 on the mounting surfaces as a precaution even though it doesn't even mention using any sealer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by John_6788; 10-24-2021 at 10:52 PM.
    1988 Bass Tacker Tournament Pro V17, 70 HP 2 stroke Mercury, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 7CV (SOLD)
    2022 Bass Tracker Classic XL, 50HP 4 stroke, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 93SV, Micro Anchor

Quote Originally Posted by John_6788 View Post
    Worked on these 2 upgrades this week instead of fishing...I think it'll be worth it......

Did a 2' extension and a single door. Still wanted a place for the cooler and tackle bag on the floor. It was a good amount of work at least for me... Im pretty handy, but this was a process that I needed to take my time and be attentive to detail for sure. Its not as perfect as Id wanted it to be, but its still presentable and functional.

For the Power Pole Micro Anchor and Power Pole bracket, it was pretty straight forward.... Drilling the 1/2" holes through the transom was a bit un-nerving, but it went pretty smooth. I used 3M 5200 on the mounting surfaces as a precaution even though it doesn't even mention using any sealer.
    Very nice. The mods turned out good and you will find the front deck to be so much more usable now that the extension is in place. You will be really happy and glad you did the mod once you are out there. It's definitely worth the off time you took in doing it. Don't be too hard on yourself as far as the build goes. I don't think anyone's deck extension turned out 1000% how they wanted but most of them are functional and still aesthetically pleasing to the eye while still looking like they actually belong there. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Extremeboating; 10-25-2021 at 08:57 PM.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

3. Member

Nice! I am wanting to redo the front in my 185 XT to make the seat set back farther. I moved it back with a setback plate and a swivel post but it's not far enough to suit me. The "parquet" looking carpet in the floor, is that part of the floor carpet or a removable rug, I like it.

4. Member
    1988 Bass Tacker Tournament Pro V17, 70 HP 2 stroke Mercury, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 7CV (SOLD)
    2022 Bass Tracker Classic XL, 50HP 4 stroke, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 93SV, Micro Anchor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeboating View Post
    Very nice. The mods turned out good and you will find the front deck to be so much more usable now that the extension is in place. You will be really happy and glad you did the mod once you are out there. It's definitely worth the off time you took in doing it. Don't be too hard on yourself as far as the build goes. I don't think anyone deck extension turned out 1000% how they wanted but most of them are functional and still aesthetically pleasing to the eye while still looking like they actually belong there. Enjoy!
    Thanks for the kudos... and thanks for the parts list you gave me. I have a ton of glue and plenty of carpet left over. I might make a console/step/storage box for between the seats next.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Bob View Post
    Nice! I am wanting to redo the front in my 185 XT to make the seat set back farther. I moved it back with a setback plate and a swivel post but it's not far enough to suit me. The "parquet" looking carpet in the floor, is that part of the floor carpet or a removable rug, I like it.

That mat is a Wal Mart piece... LOL,,, its actually pretty tough with a rubber backing. I use it when I catch a fish where its a real hard hook set to remove or if one is bleeding. I can work on or over the mat and not damage the actual boat carpet. I can just remove it and hit it with some water at the car wash when I wash the boat off.

7. Member
    That came out great!! you added quite a bit of deck space and some hella nice storage. I do like the idea of that rubber backed carpet idea, I am going to steal it if you do not mind
    I have really considered a micro pole for my PT175 as I cannot put the kind of money on talons or power poles (especially since I just ordered an entire Live Scope system - shhh don't tell my ol lady ) Im sure the micro will hold my lil 175 just fine and I really like how you did your mounting of yours!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCSr View Post
    That came out great!! you added quite a bit of deck space and some hella nice storage. I do like the idea of that rubber backed carpet idea, I am going to steal it if you do not mind
    I have really considered a micro pole for my PT175 as I cannot put the kind of money on talons or power poles (especially since I just ordered an entire Live Scope system - shhh don't tell my ol lady ) Im sure the micro will hold my lil 175 just fine and I really like how you did your mounting of yours!
    Thank you for the kind words. The mount is made by Power Pole also and was around $150. to my door. I was able to get the Micro Anchor for $570. to my door. So for $720. there is no way I could avoid at least trying it. The nice thing is that I can mount a Sportsman 2 to that same bracket if this Micro Anchor doesnt work out for some reason. Ive read many reviews and just about everyone loves theirs. I cant wait to get the boat out this weekend and try it all out.

9. Member
    Please let us know how your outing goes and how that pole performs.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCSr View Post
    Please let us know how your outing goes and how that pole performs.
    I sure will.

11. Member
    That looks first class. Let us know how she works.

12. Member
    Had a chance to get the boat out a couple of times this past weekend. The casting deck addition is really very nice to have especially when fishing with a partner. The extra storage space is an added bonus. Now everything isnt crammed into the one box behind the seats... boat should have been sold this way. The Micro Anchor is frikkin awesome and I wonder how I got along without it after only 2 trips out... I was in some pretty rough water on Saturday and there was no problem keeping the boat in place. Its really nice to be able to thoroughly fish an area and not have to keep correcting with the trolling motor... it was well worth the money.

13. Member
    Sounds like all that nice work paid off and I am very excited to hear that the micro anchor pole held up nicely.. definitely on my to-do list.
    Thank you for the post outing update!!

14. Member
    Had a chance to get the boat out a couple of times this past weekend. The casting deck addition is really very nice to have especially when fishing with a partner. The extra storage space is an added bonus. Now everything isnt crammed into the one box behind the seats... boat should have been sold this way. The Micro Anchor is frikkin awesome and I wonder how I got along without it after only 2 trips out... I was in some pretty rough water on Saturday and there was no problem keeping the boat in place. Its really nice to be able to thoroughly fish an area and not have to keep correcting with the trolling motor... it was well worth the money.
    Hey John, looks like I may have to find a way to convince you to make a deck extension for my Pro 160...lol.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Headshot View Post
    Hey John, looks like I may have to find a way to convince you to make a deck extension for my Pro 160...lol.
    Id be glad to show you what I did on mine... Im no pro by any means, but I learned by trial and error with mine!

16. Member
    John where do you store the spike for the micro pole? I'm guessing down one of the gunnel sides? It really looks good.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wgammill View Post
    John where do you store the spike for the micro pole? I'm guessing down one of the gunnel sides? It really looks good.
    If you look at the first and second pictures at the top left to right, you can see the spike sitting in one of the rod holder spots and then the handle of the spike tucks nicely under the triangle brace section in the second picture. They have little holders I plan to get... I think theyre pretty cheap.... but Id like to get the spike off the carpet into the little cradle/holders that PP sells.

18. Member
    I had a micro anchor mounted to the back of my 175 for a season.....trouble became that the unit is not waterproof, and kept blowing fuses. I was sent 4 units to try but with the lower mounting of the unit while taking off/ underway they get too wet and water intrusion shorts it out. Just a heads up, they work REALLY well, but when they start getting wet.....they start shorting out.

19. Member
    box looks awesome, i thought i would be doing this if I landed on a proXL. Where did you find the carpet? looks like a great match!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluephone View Post
    box looks awesome, i thought i would be doing this if I landed on a proXL. Where did you find the carpet? looks like a great match!
    Boat Carpet Buys... The color is Midnight Star Gray.... 16 oz.

Thanks for the insight on the water and the Micro Anchor. So far I haven't had an issue..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast