Lowrance Ghost on Ranger Z520C

I have a 2014 Ranger Z520C and plan to install a Lowrance Ghost on it this week and have a couple questions.

-When installing did you use a spacer under the mount for each bolt? Just wondering as I heard you need to use some spacers on the Rangers.

-Where did you place your position sensor puck (If you have a pic that would be great)?

Thanks

2. Member
    I have a 2018 Z520c with a Ghost. I only used one spacer on the forward port side. My biggest issue with the install was my unit had a bad shock which needed to be replaced for the bracket to close properly. I would try it without the spacers first.

The boat manufacturers seem to put the puck on the bow rubber mat. Since I had an Anchor Rein in the bow, I put my puck on the carpet on the starboard side to the right of the bow electronics.

3. Member
    I put one on my 2014 521C and had to use 3 spacers. Took me 4 tries to finally get it dialed in…. My boat needed spacers on both front and port middle bolt. Deploys and stows perfectly. Also installed the troll tamer on the stow rod and have zero movement.

Installed heading sensor right beside the mount and no issues.

4. Member
    Like the others I placed the puck on the rubber pad on the front of the boat. The cord for
    the puck is pretty short so if you install it in the back you will need an extension. I think
    I had to use the spacers in the front of the bracket. I will tell you so far it’s been a great
    addition to my boat. Bracket is made with multiple holes so drilling new ones are not
    required. Good luck.

16 520c

Used one spacer front port hole only.
    Put puck just to left of the foot pedal tray. Notched the tool holder rack and ran wire in front of the foot pedal into front void space.
    Very clean install.

If you have questions, DM me.

6. Member
    Installed on my 2013 520C and had to put 1 spacer on the front most port hole as well. I installed the puck on the carpet to the right of the pedal. My 2021 520c came with the Ghost already installed and I had to nudge it to deploy. Installed one spacer in the same location and it works perfect. They did mount the puck on the front mat, which I hate since now I have a hole there and if you ever need to move it, you'll have that to deal with. Great trolling motor, but if you are on rough water, the Troll Tamer is a must. I originally installed it using the ghost bar (taped it out and installed in the bar) but found it worked best when installed directly on the mount of the motor. You do have to drill a hole to install it, but it does not move or loosen up like it does with the pole mount.

Not to hyjack this thread... but why are people having to use ANY spacers on the mount? The boat "should" be pretty flat in that area and it should be a simple install. My Ultrex mount has no washers,bushing pieces or spacers at all and it works (deploys) just fine.. but have been tempted to buy the Ghist since i mainly use Lowrance electronics.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kcg202champ View Post
    Not to hyjack this thread... but why are people having to use ANY spacers on the mount? The boat "should" be pretty flat in that area and it should be a simple install. My Ultrex mount has no washers,bushing pieces or spacers at all and it works (deploys) just fine.. but have been tempted to buy the Ghist since i mainly use Lowrance electronics.
    Not a hyjack...the question is on point. It will work without the spacer, but you have to give it a little nudge to deploy. The mounting area has that ridged padding, so it may not be perfectly level. Not sure it is always needed, but from my personal experience it leveled it out just enough to make it deploy on it's own.

9. Member
    Thanks for all the replies guys. I’m gonna give it a shot tonight.

10. Member
    My 2019 520C had a 1/4' stainless fender washer under front outside corner to shim the original Fortex that came with the boat. I reused that washer when I installed my Ghost and have had no stowing or deploying issues.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

11. Member
    On my 521c I put a rubber washer in between mount and hull. Works great for mine.