Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    That was ugly
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

2. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    They need to be in the NFC East
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

3. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    How can you be surprised that the bears suck.

4. Member
    I think he makes it too next season.
    Red Sox in 6!

5. Member
    Don’t forget a poor quarterback. He is from the Ohio state U where quarterbacks can’t seem to make the transition from college to pro.

6. Member
    let's all calm down and let the bears mature a little. No need for sudden moves at this point
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

7. Member
    Nagy and Pace are both on the final year of their deals, I forecast a big change going into next year. Phillips needs to go as well, nothing but a crap show since he took over as President and CEO all those years ago. If Virginia really loves the team she would do the right thing and sell it, get it in the hands of someone that is really committed to football and winning.

8. Member
    It's tough to be a Bears fan.

9. Member
    My question is, what is Fields doing when he's on the sidelines? Almost every quarterback I see, when they go off the field, they almost immediately start looking at the tablet with either a coach or the backup QB and they are looking at defensive alignments and such and trying to figure out what might work. Every time the camera focused on Fields yesterday, he seemed more worried about getting his cap on right than he did about figuring anything out. I didn't see him do anything other than sit and stare into space every time he came out of the game. And I don't think the Bears' defense is as bad as it seemed yesterday. They were up against one of the best offenses in the league and the Bucs were constantly starting their offensive possessions on the plus side of the field because of all the turnovers.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    My question is, what is Fields doing when he's on the sidelines? Almost every quarterback I see, when they go off the field, they almost immediately start looking at the tablet with either a coach or the backup QB and they are looking at defensive alignments and such and trying to figure out what might work. Every time the camera focused on Fields yesterday, he seemed more worried about getting his cap on right than he did about figuring anything out. I didn't see him do anything other than sit and stare into space every time he came out of the game. And I don't think the Bears' defense is as bad as it seemed yesterday. They were up against one of the best offenses in the league and the Bucs were constantly starting their offensive possessions on the plus side of the field because of all the turnovers.
    I’d guess that’s on the coaching staff. I don’t really know how it works, but I assume those tablets don’t automatically get loaded with replays and pictures. Someone on the coaching staff would be responsible for putting that stuff together and getting it to him. He’s also not quite experienced enough to look at stuff and figure out what’s what on his own. He should have the other QBs and the QB coach by him helping him out.

11. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    By and large the NFL is mostly just entertainment. So far removed from an actual sport any more.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin_7 View Post
    I've said it for more than 20 years.......

That team will never be great until it is sold.

Ownership doesn't care about winning. They only care about making money.

Win or lose, the Bears are a money maker.
    Doesn't a winning team make MORE money? Ticket sales, merch, and I don't know how TV revenue works but it seems like the more you're on, the more you should make.

13. Member
    The Bears are always on TV, just like all teams. This is the NFL. By being on Monday Night / Sunday Night / Thursday Night, they may get a little more exposure which leads to more licensed goods sales? Until they have a decent O Line, no QB will look good for the Bears.

14. Member
    I'm so tired of the ineptitude of this organization. Need to start over with the coaching staff and management.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Flop Fisher View Post
    let's all calm down and let the bears mature a little. No need for sudden moves at this point
    The old saying that a team is never as good as it seems or as bad as it seems holds true here

The bad:
    - O line looks as bad as any out there
    - The play calling is crazy bad sometimes
    - The secondary sometimes looks completely lost

The good:
    - They beat the Raiders and the Bengals
    - They have been in every game except yesterday and the Rams
    - They rushed the ball better than any other team against the Bucs this year
    - The defense didn't give up in the second half and delivered one of Brady's longest incompletion streaks

Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post

That is one of the many reasons I am surprised Nagy is still thee. That is a coaching issue.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    That is one of the many reasons I am surprised Nagy is still thee. That is a coaching issue.
    Also, wasn't he supposed to be an "offensive genius"? That title seems to be a kiss of death for many coaches.

Just saw where Nagy tested positive for COVID. Not sure if he will be clear for next game. Hooe he is OK.

19. 9/11 - Never forget markheb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Just saw where Nagy tested positive for COVID. Not sure if he will be clear for next game. Hooe he is OK.
    My smart-assed kid, a Bears fan, posted on Facebook that "the only thing positive about this weekend was Nagy's COVID test".
    "Do not believe everything you read or see on the internet" -- Abraham Lincoln.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markheb View Post
    My smart-assed kid, a Bears fan, posted on Facebook that "the only thing positive about this weekend was Nagy's COVID test".
    BAM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12