2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

2. Member
    Congrats!!!

Ranger Z185
    Etec G2 150 HO

Wow, nice boat.

She's a beauty John......

5. Member
    I have a 2016 BassCat Puma/250 SHO and would like one more boat (retirement boat), before I get too old to enjoy. I paid $60,000 for my Puma when new, but to replace now with a Cougar is $80,000+. Regardless of how much money I have, I find it difficult to spend that much, so I was looking at the 519 Cup. I can load it up pretty good and be in the high 60's, and I can be good with that. I realize not as fast as my Puma, but I can adapt. Let us know the top speed when broken in and take a pic of the trick step if you don't mind. I need the pole and the steps, as I fish alone 95% of the time.

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Pic of Trick Step installed.

7. Member
    Very nice looking boat! Enjoy that thing! Greg

John,
    Congrats on a Beautiful Rig, I love the color, and thank you for being a GREAT mod. I appreciate all you do for us Bravo-Zulu....

Spanky

Beautiful!

That is a great looking boat!

11. Member
    Hey John, I thought of another question. What cranking battery did your boat come with? I specifically would like to know what brand, what type (AGM, Lithium, or Lead Acid), and the CCA rating. Also, do you know if it came from Ranger's factory with the cranking battery, or did your dealer install it? Thank you again!
    Tommy M

Any idea which brand of torsion axles EZ Loader is using?
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

13. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I am not an expert on trailer axles, so I can’t answer that question. So far, I prefer the way this EZ Loader trailer pulls and rolls to my 2018 Ranger trailer. Time will tell.

The cranking battery in a Z519 Cup is included in the package from the factory. It is a 31 series Interstate AGM listed at 1190 marine cranking amps and carries a 3-year warranty. I have a dim view of Interstate batteries and swapped out the stock battery in my last boat for a Deka. However, my dealer—whom I trust very much—has almost exactly the same boat and suggested that I try the stock battery for a while before jumping to conclusions. He’s run that stock battery in his own Z519 for two years, same engine, and never missed a beat. My thinking is that, with ample room in the back end of my boat, I’ll install a separate lithium battery of 40 or 50ah to run electronics if I notice an issue. That’s as cost-effective as purchasing a super-duty AGM for cranking, and likely a better solution for running clean power to the electronics anyway. So far, I’ve run 3 graphs for several hours with zero on-plane charging coming from the engine alternator and the 225 4-stroke fires right up. We’ll see…. [Note: Because I have lithium trolling batteries, I also carry a Noco 1,000 amp starter pack just in case.]
    Last edited by jc2bg; 10-26-2021 at 08:40 AM.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    ....The cranking battery in a Z519 Cup is included in the package from the factory. It is a 31 series Interstate AGM listed at 1190 marine cranking amps and carries a 3-year warranty. I have a dim view of Interstate batteries and swapped out the stock battery in my last boat for a Deka. However, my dealer—whom I trust very much—has almost exactly the same boat and suggested that I try the stock battery for a while before jumping to conclusions. He’s run that stock battery in his own Z519 for two years, same engine, and never missed a beat. My thinking is that, with ample room in the back end of my boat, I’ll install a separate lithium battery of 40 or 50ah to run electronics if I notice an issue. That’s as cost-effective as purchasing a super-duty AGM for cranking, and likely a better solution for running clean power to the electronics anyway. So far, I’ve run 3 graphs for several hours with zero on-plane charging coming from the engine alternator and the 225 4-stroke fires right up. We’ll see…. [Note: Because I have lithium trolling batteries, I also carry a Noco 1,000 amp starter pack just in case.]
    Thank you so much John! You have been so helpful in providing answers to me that my dealer could not! I greatly appreciate it!
    Tommy M

Beautiful Outfit, Love the clean lines. Do you have to have a separate safety strap with the F2, or is the main strap and safety strap a one piece. I also would like to upgrade.
    2019 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2

16. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    If you do a forum search here, you will find several very informative threads on the F2 two-speed winch. However, to answer your question directly, Fulton does not make a winch strap that also incorporates a “safety” strap. Therefore, users of the F2 3200 pound winch have either purchased a separate safety strap or devised one on their own. You *could* use the stock strap from Ranger with the stronger winch, but because that strap [for the larger bass boat models] is only rated at 1400 pounds, I don’t think it’s a good idea to use it with a 3200 pound winch. Here’s a pic of a “strap” devised to keep the bow from bouncing on the way home, should the main strap break. Commercially sold, separate straps are also available through marine retailers. Note: I’m showing another forum member’s setup here, because his design is cleaner looking and more elegant than mine.

Last edited by jc2bg; 10-29-2021 at 02:26 PM.

Thank you, as usual you've gone above and beyond to help out.
    2019 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2

18. Member
    Beautiful boat! Color scheme is similar to the Z520R I ordered. Did you get the Fulton F2 winch installed at the dealer or did you install it yourself? I have one on the Z520C I traded in and it was worth it’s weight in gold.

19. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    The dealer mounted the winch for me during the rigging of my new boat, but it’s a simple bolt-on. Fits the existing hole pattern on the winch stand.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

20. Member
    Nice John - and yeah with all the hand wringing over EZ Loader I gotta say mine has been awesome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast