Just when you thought that Lithium was the real deal,,,

Well, now it’s called Graphene technology,,,seems this new material that’s been here staring us in the face for ages , is perhaps the best material of all time to turn into batteries,,,,charges faster, current flows better then anything else ever, and handles the power without overheating issues while charging and discharging,,,,and best of all, it’s available and not too expensive,,,,check out Graphene technology already being used in today’s cellphones,,,this might just be the next level in electrical technology we all been waiting for…

Grapher has been used in fishing rods for several years now.

3. Member
    Now they know it’s stronger then any other metal,,,they also ha e found it to conduct better then any other metals and runs cooler

I’ll wager a guess that any future products with the words “graphene” and “marine” on it will be ridiculously overpriced just like lithium is.
    Despite graphene being readily available and reasonably cheap.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by Takeum View Post
    Well, now it’s called Graphene technology,,,seems this new material that’s been here staring us in the face for ages , is perhaps the best material of all time to turn into batteries,,,,charges faster, current flows better then anything else ever, and handles the power without overheating issues while charging and discharging,,,,and best of all, it’s available and not too expensive,,,,check out Graphene technology already being used in today’s cellphones,,,this might just be the next level in electrical technology we all been waiting for…
    I need to charge my cell at least once during the day with moderate use...Ima stick with gas n oil a lil bit longer me.

22R

Allison XB2002 / Merc 150 XR6

6. Member
    WERD,,,,
    1988 Bass Tacker Tournament Pro V17, 70 HP 2 stroke Mercury, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 7CV (SOLD)
    2022 Bass Tracker Classic XL, 50HP 4 stroke, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 93SV, Micro Anchor

7. Member
    I think I recall a Elon Musk interview with Joe Rogan where he said there is actually very little lithium in lithium batteries. I don't recall what the majority material was but I want to say there is more graphene then lithium.

8. Member
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    I’ll wager a guess that any future products with the words “graphene” and “marine” on it will be ridiculously overpriced just like lithium is.
    Despite graphene being readily available and reasonably cheap.
    Yep. It doesn't matter how cheap the material is, it will be stupid expensive when it comes out

There's always talk out there about the next great battery technology, like batteries which will give 500 miles of range with a 10 minute charge. Talk is cheap.

there are other materials that may exceed graphene capabilities, and also cheaper. They just have other issues they need to resolve To me Lithium Sulphur batts, which are real today, just not in car and boat batteries, has the best chance at becoming cost effective and energy dense.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

How do you get a 7ft 2in in your battery compartment .

13. Member
    Graphene is not the same as graphite. The processing is where the cost will come from. Same as Lithium. Inherently, Lithium is just a natural resource, but processing it is why it costs so much.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    How do you get a 7ft 2in in your battery compartment .