Sea star Pro issues

My sea star pro hydraulic keeps loosening up at the bolt on the motor tiller. 250 Pro 2 stroke. There’s side to side play in the motor from this loose nut/bolt and it’s causing my boat to fish tail as I trim up at WOT. I have hit it with 2 wrenches and tightened it until my hands were numb and the play is still there. Anyone ever experienced this or have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Try the 3L forum that covers your engine be sure to include engine serial number (required when posting) - Mercury - 3 Liter & 3 Liter High Performance
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moving your thread to the 3L Forum for you.

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

WHICH bolt(s) specifically are you tightening (at least provide the wrench size)?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor