Ghost Prop experiment

Love my Ghost, but the prop isn't great (chips real easy). I pulled it off to clear some line and for kicks thought I would try to put a prop from my old Fortrex on it. Haven't tried it on the water yet, but seems to fit really well and can't see why it wouldn't work. Curious if anyone else has tried doing this and if there's a downside I'm not thinking of.
    mk prop.jpg

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Did you have to modify it at all to make it fit? If so post some pics.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limit5bass View Post
    Did you have to modify it at all to make it fit? If so post some pics.
    Didn't modify anything. All I did was knock out the roller pin and put the smaller pin in for the Minn Kota. There is a small gap between the prop and base which you can see in the second picture but it doesn't have any play or wobble and runs nice and true. May be a good backup option if in a pinch.
    mk prop2.jpg
    Last edited by schinkr1; 10-25-2021 at 04:33 PM.

4. Member
    How's the performance? Faster,slower or same
    Weed cutting
    Is the prop from a 112 fourtrex?

5. Member
    Do you think the prop can be modified to use the Lowrance factory pin? Enough material to grind out and still make it usable?

6. Member
    I haven't had it on the water and don't anticipate being able to for a while with the weather we are having and don't see getting into grass this season. The prop was a spare for my Fortrex 36v 112. I'm pretty sure it's a different prop for the 80 lb version. I suppose you could probably take a Dremel and grind it out to work with the larger pin, but it's so much easier to just use the smaller diameter pin. You have to install it horizontally so it doesn't fall out, but I recall having to do that on my Fortrex as well. The Ghost pin comes out pretty easily with small taps. It looked like it was tapered so it comes out one direction only.

7. Member
    I believe the "ghost grass chopper" sold by aquatech marine is a modified ultrex prop. It has been modified to fit the larger pin.

8. Moderator
    The Fortrex and the Ultrex props seem to be the same.

9. Moderator
    Any updates?

10. Member
    I'm done fishing until spring :(