Can someone tell me what hubs these are?

20211023_180719.jpg20211023_180719.jpg

Thought i had the cool hubs 2010 z522
    My first time having tires off , to go over everything for a long trip i got coming up

I was certain i had the cool hubs but there is so, allen screw anywhere, i was prepared for there to be a allen screw to drain oil/check or fill.

What hubs are these?

Thanks

2. Member
    Those are Vault hubs from UFP. The term COOL HUBS is just a marketing label.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

3. Member
    They are hybrid oil/ grease hubs as stated by UFP/ Vault

4. Member
    Vault hubs and they are a breeze to rebuild

5. Banned
    I swapped mine over to bearing buddy style. Much simpler set up, yes I have to add grease every now and then but if I seal goes I can get myself home.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    I swapped mine over to bearing buddy style. Much simpler set up, yes I have to add grease every now and then but if I seal goes I can get myself home.
    I have contemplated converting mine over from Vault to bearing buddy also. Is it just a matter of replacing the cap, or is there more to it than that? I know the vault hubs have a rubber o-ring somewhere inside too. Any insight would be appreciated.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_kovar View Post
    I have contemplated converting mine over from Vault to bearing buddy also. Is it just a matter of replacing the cap, or is there more to it than that? I know the vault hubs have a rubber o-ring somewhere inside too. Any insight would be appreciated.
    I had one seal go, and I was ordering parts from ranger. It took forever for the parts to ship, so I looked at other options. Plus I was thinking, if I never noticed the oil pool under the tire I would have had a catastrophic failed on the highway. So I took the hub apart, cleaned all the old vault grease and repacked the new bearings with Lucas grease, the red stuff (read reviews says it's good stuff and cheap). Replaced seal then replaced cap with bearing buddy style. I used red locktite to make seal and filled with grease. Repeated on the other side, check once a month will do it again. I'd wait till vault hubs need service and swap over next boat was well.