Thread: Ford Maverick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmscoach View Post
    It ain’t the towing, it’s the stopping, good luck with that.
    Yep.

2. Member
    This screams Honda Ridgeline to me. Buy as a vehicle to get around in. Don't purchase if you are going to tow.

Around here they would tow 30' center console, with 2 250s.......with that.

4. Member
    Yea ole Ridgeline pulled my RT188 with ease. I just missed the room of my old Tundra so I traded back when the lease was up. No issues hauling or pulling anything within reason with the lil Honda. The darn little truck had more room than any other 1/4 ton I drove at the time, the AWD system was flawless, and the brakes were insanely good for the size.

All that being said, I don't think the Maverick is meant to compete with the Ridgeline. I haven't seen a Maverick out yet, but I envision a Brat.

5. Member
    I just got on Ford's website and priced a fairly base model with the 2.0L and 8 speed trans which can tow 4,000 pounds. It came out to $28,5959, which seems very reasonable to me. That does not include many bells and whistles but I'm not a bells a whistles kind of guy. Compared to the Chevy Colorado, that's A LOT cheaper, but it is less capable than a Colorado. Despite not being interested in the Maverick, it's nice to see a relatively affordable pickup truck option for those who are interested in a smaller truck.

6. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    It's not a truck. Trucks have a frame. This vehicle is a SUV with a box, similar to the Ridgeline and the Suburu Brat or Baja.

I wouldn't tow a grocery cart with it. Wait a minute, it is a grocery cart!
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

7. Member
    I gotta keep telling myself this is BBC and opinions are facts. if you’re not towing a 16’ aluminum jon boat with a 1/2 ton then you’re putting everyone at risk. what I’ve read if you’re towing a glass boat you need atleast a 2500, but even then people will say it’s not enough. Based on some people here if it’s anything less than a peterbuilt you’re unsafe and everything else is incapable of towing an empty 500lb trailer. Heck I was told I was putting everyone’s safety at risk because I tow with a v6 Durango.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    I gotta keep telling myself this is BBC and opinions are facts. if you’re not towing a 16’ aluminum jon boat with a 1/2 ton then you’re putting everyone at risk. what I’ve read if you’re towing a glass boat you need atleast a 2500, but even then people will say it’s not enough. Based on some people here if it’s anything less than a peterbuilt you’re unsafe and everything else is incapable of towing an empty 500lb trailer. Heck I was told I was putting everyone’s safety at risk because I tow with a v6 Durango.
    Its hilarious the response it’s getting. Sure, it would be undersized for towing a 21’ glass boat, but for your average homeowner who wants to haul mulch and tow a jet ski it’s a great option.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I at 1st thought they came out with a retrofit maverick. Thought maybe they put a coyote engine in it, nope. Now it's a truck , I am going to have to look it up.I remember when original one came out.
    2001 Ranger 520DVX 225 mercury

HHC 14TH ENGINEERS COMBAT HEAVY
    FT.ORD ,CA
    US ARMY

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Ironically I saw a pristine original Ford Maverick today, red with a black vinyl top.

11. Banned
    Should have named it something else.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by VicLynn View Post
    Should have named it something else.
    Ninety nine percent of prospective shoppers are probably unaware of the original Maverick. But I get your point for those of us that remember the first one.

13. Member
    Ford could use a department for naming stuff, IE the new E Mustang and Maverick.

Every BBC’r has a fully loaded 21’ glass rig with a 2fiddy and twin power polls. The electronics alone add 600# to the rig. Nothing short of a 10L turbo-diesel and brakes capable of stopping a heavy 777 on an aborted takeoff is safe enough. Think of the chilll-drun. Oh the hugemanatee of it all.

15. Banned
    Well, people are stupid!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Ironically I saw a pristine original Ford Maverick today, red with a black vinyl top.
    I had one with a 302 back in the day, it was a convert and not a Grabber. I see one every 2-3 years around town, but never where I can talk to the guy. It has a blower through the hood.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

17. Member
    The base vehicle is rated for 2000 lbs. With the ecoboost option its 4000 lbs.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

18. Member
    Heck I was told I was putting everyone’s safety at risk because I tow with a v6 Durango.
    Kinda like those of a certain ideology telling those not scared that we're putting them at risk for not wearing a mask. Huh?

Got a good chuckle.........
    I know you are not a good BBC fisherman, unless you have $1,000 JDM rod and reel!

20. Member
    I towed a Ranger 185 VS with a Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV with FWD and had no issues doing so. Rated for 3500 lbs towing with a V6. Trailer had Surge Brakes.

Now I tow it with a F-150 with a V-8. Pulls much easier and stops better to, but That New "Truck" should pull any 3000 lb Boat with no problem.

Doesn't mean it's the Best Thing to tow with, but it would do it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast