2021 250 ProXS Water Filters/Strainers

2021 250 ProXS
    SN: 2B787722

Just performed my yearly service. Searched for water filters/strainers to clean and only found one. It had a thumbscrew on it to remove (outside was yellow, I believe). Did I miss one or more. Was expecting to find a pencil type one but didn’t.

So, did I miss some?

P.S. I drained at least 7.75 qts of oil and I didn’t ever add any so this is what the factory shipped it with or I guess the dealer could have added some during prep, who knows. Motor was not smoking at all.

Thanks,
    Ron

2. Banned
    Concerning water filters.

3. Member
    Thanks, I found the second one, however it had a thumb screw instead of a bolt. Didn’t find the first one. Might have just missed it.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Did you check the FAQ Section at the top of the Forum? There's a nice write-up there that shows the different strainer versions.

You have TWO that are easily accessible, and a third that isn't normally removed unless you're having problems (or the port lower chap happens to be off for some reason).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Was this the first time the factory oil was changed? If so, perhaps the overfilled it or perhaps it was making oil during the break-in period. Either way, if you fill it like Don suggests, you will find out soon enough if the oil level increases or not.

6. Member
    Don, thanks, that had the information I needed. Sorry, should have checked there before my post.

Pulsare, this was the first oil change. I did follow Don’s advice on the refill!

Ron