Honda on a Bass Boat

Anyone running a 250 Honda on a bass boat? If so, Tell me about your experience. Where did you buy it and have it rigged?

Thank You,

EB

2. Member
    I've run them on other kinds of boats and they perform well. If you are wanting all out best performance, look at Yamaha or Merc. The Honda 250D models are rock solid motors for reliability though.

3. Member
    I have a 250 on the back of my 2019 Lund Pro V Bass 2075. I believe that it was rigged at the Lund factory, as the boat was ordered specifically with a Honda motor. It is by no means a speed demon, but I see 60+ MPH at WOT. Besides, the warranty and reliability are hard to beat. I have 2 reputable authorized Honda dealers within 50 miles from my home, so I don't worry about repairs if things go sideways. Overall, I am very pleased with the Honda.

4. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I have ran 20 Boats with the Honda on them mostly the 250. Best I have seen is 70 on a charger 797. They are 4-7 MPH slower than the others, But they mostly never see a shop if you can change the oil and impeller yourself. Just like the Honda cars, they just work.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    I have ran 20 Boats with the Honda on them mostly the 250. Best I have seen is 70 on a charger 797. They are 4-7 MPH slower than the others, But they mostly never see a shop if you can change the oil and impeller yourself. Just like the Honda cars, they just work.
    Where did you buy the Honda outboard and have it rigged?

Thx, EB

6. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I got the boats from Ray Brazier, they where all ready rigged. I has one every year for sale.

7. Member
    Agree with all of the above, 700 plus hrs of my bf225, purrs like a kitten. Great motors! You won't be taking em to the dragstrip or the shop. I'll take reliability!��

Have a BF250 on my Puma FTD, run a Croxton Razor 4 XL 25P, 68-70 mph, quiet, fuel efficient.
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

9. Member
    How is pricing compared to others

10. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ranger487vs View Post
    How is pricing compared to others
    I can get you a BF250 for 16000.00 ypu just need to have in rig by a Honda dealer! free shipping to them.

11. Member
    Are there any supply chain issues with Honda as there are with other outboard manufacturers? I've got a Ranger 521 I'm potentially looking to repower and checking all the available options.

12. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    PM sent