Thread: Tack Problem

Tack Problem

I have a 2007 225 pro xs. The back of the Beede tack gauge has a block of eight little rocker switches. Witch switches are to be open and witch ones should be closed. The fly wheel has 110 teeth on it. Serial number is 1B471629. Thanks
    Last edited by bassingaround63; 10-22-2021 at 05:07 PM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    This would be a question for Beede. If it was a Boat Manufacturer SPECIFIC tach, that might be a different story.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thanks Don I called Beede and they walked through the wiring and the gauge was junk.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Glad you were able to determine that.

Might want to get with Rhonda (see her post, pinned at the top of this forum) for email contact info. She can send you a list of the various Smartcraft Systems (and accessories) you can choose from, as well as special BBC member pricing.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor