Okeechobee Weeds

was out last Sun and today at the south end I saw exactly ZERO hydrilla or pepper grass, what little Kissimmee grass I could find was not real healthy looking, still managed to catch some fish but the lake does NOT seem healthy

2. Member
    There hasn't been any pepper grass or hydrilla for 3 years on the south end.
    Some tiny amounts grow if the water gets super low but like the lake has shot up in depth at the end of every summer since then the tiny bit that has grown hasn't taken root.
    The south end of Okeechobee is still producing fish, but it is in major trouble of completely collapsing, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wrat View Post
    was out last Sun and today at the south end I saw exactly ZERO hydrilla or pepper grass, what little Kissimmee grass I could find was not real healthy looking, still managed to catch some fish but the lake does NOT seem healthy
    I dont think the lake has been "healthy" for at least 3 to 4 years now.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arethaz View Post
    There hasn't been any pepper grass or hydrilla for 3 years on the south end.
    Some tiny amounts grow if the water gets super low but like the lake has shot up in depth at the end of every summer since then the tiny bit that has grown hasn't taken root.
    The south end of Okeechobee is still producing fish, but it is in major trouble of completely collapsing, IMO.
    I was able to find quite a bit of peppergrass earlier this year but its GONE now