Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redngoo View Post
    Normally most dealerships would have the P2 and the Classic, though in todays boat market this wont be likely. I own a P2 and previously a 88 caracal(17ft). I dont really notice the narrow of the p2 up front. I dont tourney fish but regularly have 30 to 60 crappie in the wells with great success. At this point Imo i would try to find each of the models you like, go look and crawl all over them, raise and look in each compartment, notice the wiring,the finish of each, the component used and Etc. I been a cat owner since 1989, prior to 2014 everytime i seen a cat at the launch or passed by one fishing i ask the like and dislikes of each(model). For me my decision was easy i wanted a P4. Though i was looking for a low hour boat and not a new model. Then the p4 was gone, used ones just wasnt around at that time and still dont see many. I purchased my p2 in 14 and honestly can say i have been happy with it. In todays world buying boats is like buying a small house. Enjoy your search be patient. My advice still remains to crawl around on each and ride in them(if possible), ask lots of real world questions.
    Thanks for the reply. I have one dealer in Ohio that carries Cats, and I've been waiting for them to have a P2 for about 6 months. It's to the point now that I have to get one ordered in time for next season. So that's why I asked for people's opinions on here. I'm starting to get talked into the P2 over the 819.

2. Member
    The overall build quality of the P2 is head and shoulders above a Phoenix. My opinion of course. But being around both brands there is no comparison. Fish ability of both is a toss up.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

3. Member
    If I could change one thing about my P2, it would be to have the Bobcat/Classic front like shown below. I fish alone a lot and getting out of the P2 with large electronics can be a chore. Doesn't help that it's tough to get on the trailer properly.
    bobcat.jpg
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

4. Member
    I have an 2006 p2 I purchased earlier this year and I’ll say yes the front deck is narrow but I regularly fish 2 out it and tourney and get around just fine I’m just limited on rods on the deck but I still get at least 6 to 8 depending on what I have planned for the day love the trolling motor location my partner has a zx250 that I fished out of quite a bit and he hasted out the hole and the trolling motor down that’s a hard boat to beat beating on the banks and you can tell the quality in the boat even with the age and it still turns heads .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123