Thread: Thoughts on JP

Thoughts on JP

My TNT has been giving me fits. Sent to 5star for repair, gonna need to send it back again. So I'm thinking maybe just bite the bullet and get a hydraulic JP. Question is this : should I be worried about not having the tilt & trim function? I would have to manually lift motor to trailer which isn't a big deal but the trim portion for performance is a concern. Thoughts and thx in advance.
    93 274 FS with 79' 150 jonny 6" manual jackplate

2. Member
    Jack plate is a good up grade but you'll still need your TNT

3. Member
    Appreciate the insight. Gonna send it back in, 5star has been more than reasonable so give em another chance I guess. Almost end of season here anyways

4. Member
    I had 5 Star rebuild my tilt / trim. I was mostly happy until I found out they used a aftermarket part which I have to keep lubricated or it will rust again. At least they admitted it, but that wasn't the service what I paid for.

5. Member
    Still pondering/weighing going with the jackplate though. Had 1 guy tell me all jackplates have TNT but I swear I dont see the listing for such except for a max 130hp/430lb. Am I mistaken? Cuz if they truly do tilt then I would jump on it