Thread: Thoughts

Thoughts

My TNT has been giving me fits. Sent to 5star for repair, gonna need to send it back again. So I'm thinking maybe just bite the bullet and get a hydraulic JP. Question is this : should I be worried about not having the tilt & trim function? I would have to manually lift motor to trailer which isn't a big deal but the trim portion for performance is a concern. Thoughts and thx in advance

Not sure I understand the question. All hydraulic jackplates will have trim and tilt.

3. Member
    Maybe I'm not seeing that on Bobs or CMC. THe only ones i read with tilt/trim functions are only rated to 130hp/430 lbs. Everything else is a simple up/down function of lift, no tilt. Am i mistaken?

4. Member
    I'm pretty sure CMC has different models depending on what size the motor is. All of the ones I have seen have T&T.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

5. Member
    I have looked thru several manufacturers and I guess I'm not seeing the TNT function of the jackplate. Can someone include a link?
    Thx much

6. Member
    I have looked and the biggest I can find (CMC) is 130 hp. Can you get yours rebuilt? I would surely think there is some out there. I see Bobs and Atlas for the lift but you are correct none of them say T&T. Sorry not much help.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

7. Member
    Yep, 5star already worked on it. They have a 2yr warranty and I have spoke with the owner, he's more than willing to do what it takes. I was just thinking with this dinosaur maybe I would benefit to go with a JP now instead of waiting if I'm gonna have nothing but more troubles. But like i said, I need tilt

I think in most situations the tilt and trim is separate from the jackplate. You would typically mount your current tilt and trim(attached to your motor) to the jackplate.

9. Member
    What I was originally thinking. So there goes that idea

Quote Originally Posted by kansassteelers View Post
    Maybe I'm not seeing that on Bobs or CMC. THe only ones i read with tilt/trim functions are only rated to 130hp/430 lbs. Everything else is a simple up/down function of lift, no tilt. Am i mistaken?
    You are not mistaken. I thought my atlas was all one unit, but it is separate.