Garmin 1022 with Livescope

I recently purchased a 1022 with Livescope unit. I've used it two times and have had no issues with it. I was out yesterday and powered up the 1022 and Livescope and it came on for about 2 minutes then the screen went very dark. I powered it down and back up numerus times with the same results. When I tried to power up the 1022 only with a map displayed, it did the same thing. I was told that my voltage to the unit may have been too low. I got home and checked voltage on my battery and it was at 12.5 volts. I plugged the charger in for a while and tried to power up the 1022 and Livescope and it powered up properly. I just wanted to see if anyone has experienced the same thing with lower voltage.

Check your wires. Especially the ground. I’ve been chasing a similar scope issue for a year. Fixed it this weekend. Found it to be a bad ground.

You need to check your voltage at the unit and not the battery.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90
    Garmin Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Ionic lithium batteries

4. Member
    Yes I have fished a couple days on one charge and seen my voltage drop and unit go out, usually it's around 11.2 and then no more live scope today back to old fashion fishing

5. Member
    FWIW my dedicated battery will read 12.57 (for i.e.) meter across the posts. I will read an identical figure at the cradle 16' away thru # 10. My display on the unit will read no more than 12.2 or 12.1, often 11.9. I have only seen the reading go down to about 11.5. I have never encountered low voltage issues to date. IDK but this is my 3rd 93 variation and this has been common throughout each one.

6. Member
    Definitely need to check voltage at unit vs battery. I upgraded my wire to 8 gauge and no more issues for Garmin / Solix at bow. And as above, check your ground.

7. Member
    You can add voltage readout to your on screen display, you will definitely have issues once it gets below 11.5 or so, this includes seeing your bait, fish, etc in my experience

8. Member
    I checked voltage at the battery, 12.8 and at the plug, 12.6 and having the unit do the same thing as the other day, Garmin is going to replace it. Thanks for all the responses.

9. TJNYSNP
    that's great news.. what is the difference between the 1022 and 1022xsv ? i have a 7608xsv and very close to pulling the trigger to sell my 7" and get the 10"... if anyone in market for a 7608xsv with only a tiny (like tiny!) knick on the glass for a fair price let me know

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mohawkman View Post
    that's great news.. what is the difference between the 1022 and 1022xsv ?
    Both units have base maps, the 1022 does NOT have sonar capabilities (can not plug a transducer direct to unit but can read sonar is networked). The 1022 xsv can have a transducer plugged to it (has sonar built in).
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS