Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Z20 Production Time?

New Z20 went into production yesterday. Can anyone give me a decent idea on how long for production. Then, how long to get delivered? Live in STL so close to the factory. Only thing they are not installing is the Ultrex because I want the puck up front. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by TCS600; 10-20-2021 at 08:01 PM.

5 days.... Delivery is a crap shoot, but being in STL should help speed up delivery....
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

3. Member
    My Z21 was 10 days in build but lost almost 2 weeks due to parts shortage. Load plan may be anywhere from a couple of days to a week then about 3-5 days to arrive at dealer. My dealer (BPS) had it about 4 days for final rigging and cleanup. Detail on my 2022 Z21 XL Pro as follows:
    Ordered: 5/29/21
    Build Start: 7/6/21
    Invoiced to Dealer and shipped: 8/9/21
    Arrived at BPS in VA: 8/11/21
    Took Delivery: 8/20/21

4. Member
    Thanks

5. Member
    Mine took roughly a month from time of production start until delivery.

6. Member
    Getting very little updates on my production. Last I got was the boat is on the trailer and engine getting put on. That was over a week ago. Anyone know if I can just call the factory directly and get quick update without rocking the boat too much?

7. Member
    Typically there is not much information forthcoming once the dealer places the order for your boat. I ordered mine through BPS and they were never able to provide much info and almost no detail. They only could provide weekly updates saying it was in build or not. I called Nitro directly and talked to Barbara at 417-873-4555 select option #5 for better information update. Barbara was awesome, but don't expect a ton of details. She was able to tell me the order my boat build was in, if there were any parts delays and if it was ready for shipping and invoice. Not much you can do anyway - so its just sit back and wait. Once it arrives at the dealer they should be able to do final rigging and clean up for delivery in no more than a week 10 days at most. Patience with them is best policy. I received outstanding service but I always tip the folks working on my boat. They took great care of me and quickly solved the small issues I had with the boat. Hope this helps. Congrats on the new boat and best of luck.

Sometimes I never understand the need to know if its within the time frame they quoted you.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Sometimes I never understand the need to know if its within the time frame they quoted you.
    seriosuly. If it falls behind schedule what can you do anyways?
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

10. Member
    Well, you don't need to understand. I paid a ton of money for a boat and feel that much money, at a minimum, buys me an update every couple weeks. Especially with all the shortages in the marketplace right now. Boat arrived yesterday and was notified by the finance company.

I never will understand, You have an answer but you want more communication about that answer? But I do know you received excellent communication in this case it seems. Congrats!

But alas I am in minority as many start calling 2 to 3 weeks after there order for updates weekly. To me its just sets you up for disappointment.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I never will understand, You have an answer but you want more communication about that answer? But I do know you received excellent communication in this case it seems. Congrats!

But alas I am in minority as many start calling 2 to 3 weeks after there order for updates weekly. To me its just sets you up for disappointment.
    So you're saying I should spend 75k and walk away? I waited two months before hearing anything and when I did, I was told the boat was in production, that's it. What if BP had a computerized program that walked the consumer through the process with their very expensive purchase? Seems an auto email isn't too big an ask. No, contrary to your opinion which is based on very little information, the communication was very poor.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TCS600 View Post
    So you're saying I should spend 75k and walk away? I waited two months before hearing anything and when I did, I was told the boat was in production, that's it. What if BP had a computerized program that walked the consumer through the process with their very expensive purchase? Seems an auto email isn't too big an ask. No, contrary to your opinion which is based on very little information, the communication was very poor.
    We understand you paid a bunch of money for the rig, but communication and customer service really isn’t a strong point with Nitro, doesn’t matter how much you spent.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

14. Member
    Nitro has about 60-70 boats in some stage of build at any one time. I spent the same for my 2022 Z21XL earlier this year and while it was a lot of money for me it was only 1/60th of their focus. Same as any industry, product or service. They care, and there are some great people working to get you the product and service you need. As mentioned above you can call Nitro and ask for general info but there is not a lot of detail they can provide in terms of daily changes. In general, your boat will go from: Order received => Build Start => Shipping Plan => Dealer Invoiced => Ship => Arrive At Dealer => Final Rigging & Detailing => Final Delivery to you. All in about 10-14 weeks depending on parts, other delays and final rigging requirements. Mine was delayed during the build process twice - once for parts and once for 1-week factory floor shut down for cleaning. Still don't know why the shut down or what parts were delayed. Doesn't really matter much now - Love the boat, fishes great, runs perfect and thrilled to have the opportunity to own a new boat I can afford. In contrast, I saw a new competitor boat just listed for $100,000 before taxes and extended warranty. Had four graphs vs the two I have but, all else about the same - I'll take the $25K in savings and wait. I feel Nitro has struck the right balance for me between quality, service and price.

:)
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

In general, your boat will go from: Order received => Build Start => Shipping Plan => Dealer Invoiced => Ship => Arrive At Dealer => Final Rigging & Detailing => Final Delivery to you. All in about 10-14 weeks depending on parts, other delays and final rigging requirements.
    One other step in the process is Factory Rigging. The boat (after being built) may sit for some time waiting for the motor or other additions, like talon or power pole brackets, etc. That part of the build is done at a different building on the property. The boat may be covered up for some time waiting for that.
    On average the 10-14 weeks is a bit too long. In my experience with multiple nitros, the average order to delivery time is 8-9 weeks. Which imo is pretty damn good...
    Last edited by KCLOST; 11-09-2021 at 03:46 PM.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

17. Member
    Update: Delivered 11 ago to Bass Pro Store. Been sitting outside on the lot ever since. They have to install the trolling motor and thats it.

18. Member
    You want that boat to stay in the mold as long as possible
    Don’t rush that part

19. Member

20. Member
    Congrats!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast