Question Questions about years

I’m looking into buying a used 21ft triton I know triton sold out in 2010 but are the 2011+ just as good as the prior years? I have a earl bentz stratos and love the quality of the boat and wanting to buy a newer boat one with good quality parts

2. Member
    Earl originally sold to Mercury in 2005 as I had one of the last "Earl" boats, so anything after that year was produced with different ownership. With that being said, if I were looking to buy a 10+ year old boat, the only 3 brands I would consider are Ranger, BassCat, or a Bullet. If I were looking to buy a newer boat, less than 5 years old, I don't think there would be a bad choice anymore, even with a Nitro.

3. Member
    Earl Bentz ran Triton from 1996 to 2018 (ttps://twogeorgesmarina.com/legendary-boat-racer-and-caymas-boats-founder-earl-bentz/), he was the owner until Brunswick Marine bought it in 2005 but he continued as CEO. WRMG bought Triton in 2015. Triton has always been a quality boat…..and will always be…..at its price point. My 2007 is flawless as is my brothers 2013…..find a boat you like and check it out thoroughly.

Last edited by Lightning 6; 10-22-2021 at 02:10 PM.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

4. Member
    I had an 09, and then went to skater and I am back in a triton now. I will say that I have had fewer QC issues with my 22 triton than I did with my 09 Triton X3 and 14 Skeeter FX. I think there may have been some issues when they were moving into the new plant, but those seem to be gone, and I really can't complain at all about my current boat. I have about 45 hrs on it, and fished out of it for over a month straight.

5. Member
    Was there an apb filed on you after staying in the boat a month straight? Yowsa!

i had a 99, 04, 05 and now a 10. I hate to say it, but the 10 appears to have been caught in the "move" as qc does NOT seem to be on par with the others, particularly the 04 and 05.

I have had a 2006 21TR and a 2014 19XS, both were/are great boats.....fast and fish great. I have fished out of Rangers, Skeeters, Nitros and I had a Stratos for a while but for the Johnson on it I might have kept it. The boat was great, motor sucked. All good boats, be more concerned about the engine
    The power of positive thoughts