Can Raptors be mounted on Talon brackets?

Can Raptors be mounted on Talon brackets?

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Yes they can. The bolt pattern is the same

3. Member
    I second that.

4. Member
    Thank you!

5. Member
    Are there any pros/cons when doing this? Jack plate mounts are already on the boat.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Huge con would be weight most looking to get away from heavy ugly talon brackets

7. Member
    IMG_2109.JPGI disagree I think they look awesome.
    Risen From The Ashes!!

8. Member
    I have talons and want to go to raptors. And most likely will get the raptor brackets. To me it looks like the talon mounts move the raptors further away from the motor and at a different angle that the raptors are designed to be at. But I’m not an expert either
    Ultrex 112 ipilot link MDI....Mega Live Targetlock….360 Mega….Helix 12 MSI G4N ……Helix 12 MDI G4N .....Helix 12 MDI G3N .....Helix 12 MSI G2N.....Helix 12 SI G2N...
    8’ AA Raptors

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbalden View Post
    I have talons and want to go to raptors. And most likely will get the raptor brackets. To me it looks like the talon mounts move the raptors further away from the motor and at a different angle that the raptors are designed to be at. But I’m not an expert either
    Talon mounts are adjustable and you can angle them anyway you want.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    Talon mounts are adjustable and you can angle them anyway you want.
    Do not disagree with you. Just that to get a talon bracket at the same angle of the raptor bracket you’ll still be pushing that raptor further away from the boat. Which is the concern I have.
    Ultrex 112 ipilot link MDI....Mega Live Targetlock….360 Mega….Helix 12 MSI G4N ……Helix 12 MDI G4N .....Helix 12 MDI G3N .....Helix 12 MSI G2N.....Helix 12 SI G2N...
    8’ AA Raptors

11. Member
    How would the angle/distance impact performance?

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Both Power Poles and Raptors benefit from the angle of the adapter plates. As those two brand anchors deploy outward and away from the center line of the boat they create a wider footprint which equates to holding power. Power Poles or Raptors that deploy straight back will not hold as well as those that deploy outward and away.

The bolt patterns used for Power Pole, Talon, Raptor are the same. At this point some customers who are brand/model swapping are also adapter plate swapping to save money. Did I say that correctly? It is actually a pretty common phone call. The most common question for sure is will Power Poles or Raptors fit my Talon brackets...

For me regardless if I am running Power Poles or Raptors my go to adapter plate of choice would be braced Power Pole adapter plates.. Power Pole has pioneered the game and thru the years has developed many part numbers to choose from.. Power Pole's adapter plates tend to fit applications better. They are lighter, strong, allow for more adjustment, and are less expensive.

2nd choice would be Raptor Brackets.

3rd would be Talon brackets but that is just because there is no 100 on the list

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by MRN III View Post
    How would the angle/distance impact performance?
    Angle equates to holding Power. Angle also allows the anchors to be mounted closer together and as they deploy they work out and away from the center line of the boat and clear the motor etc. Probably hard to measure on most boats but on some.. Anchors mounted closer together and lower a boats going to run better vs Anchors mounted up higher and further apart.

Distance can impact boat performance.

The closer you are able to keep the anchors to the boat the lower you are able to mount them.. The further away from the boat you mount the anchors the higher they will need to be so that they do not drag through the water while the boats underway. Drag going into turns, crossing other boat wakes, slow down your hole shot, or scoop water onto the back deck when setting down...

You will notice the adapter plates that mount closer to the boat have less rise built into them and those that mount further away have more rise built into them.
    Last edited by Hydrilla Gear; 11-02-2021 at 04:41 PM.