TJNYSNP

Latest Garmin GPSMAP update of Sept 20, 2021 not showing on my Garmin LS

Hello,

I have a GPSMAP 7608xsv I don't know if i need to upgrade the display software, not sure to find out what version it is at

When i booted up my unit before i updated my unit it said "Update 20.40" i believe on the main screen

I did the update process... screen came up asking if i want to update and all that... seemed to complete fine...

It comes back with 20.40 again.

I do not see the new color palette or the Ghost Tree removal feature coming up.

Any idea by anyone why its not taking it off my SD card and applying it even though the Garmin unit goes through the software update process screens well ?

2. TJNYSNP
    ANSWER: i went ahead and called support. Apparently the 7608xsv and he said most units below the more recent 86x and 12x units ( i didn't catch the entire acronym set he gave me ) were not enabled for the new LS palette or the Ghost Tree removal.

So he said others like me need to wait and hope next year that a build in 2022 will have them supported for my unit.

3. Member
    I was told i needed the gcv20 in order to get these updates i have the 7612xsv and 7610xsv. The 7600 series are discontinued.

4. TJNYSNP
    geez, i was so proud of my 7608xsv! 2020 doesn't seem that long ago :)

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yes, the older units including echomap 93 Plus did not get the new color palettes and ghost tree reject option. I doubt they ever will get it since they are discontinued products.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lee View Post
    I was told i needed the gcv20 in order to get these updates i have the 7612xsv and 7610xsv. The 7600 series are discontinued.
    The GCV20 is a sonar box. If you want to use the UHD transducer (GT36), yes you would need this box but this box does not determine if you get the new color palettes. It ONLY gives you the option to have UHD sonar.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. TJNYSNP
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    The GCV20 is a sonar box. If you want to use the UHD transducer (GT36), yes you would need this box but this box does not determine if you get the new color palettes. It ONLY gives you the option to have UHD sonar.
    I have a LS brain box... i definitely don't want to install another brain box.