Exclamation MANGAN COVE The Pack

IF anyone is headed to Lake Wallenpaupak, be careful launching at the state free launch at the RT 590 ramp.
    The boat commission took the dock out today and the ramp is not in the water. The end of the ramp is the drop off and I seen 2 trailers get hung up and grounded on the end of the ramp today ( 10/20 ). You can launch to the right side of the ramp in dirt, where the dock usually is. NO PROBLEMS there. Lots of fishing boats out today.
    The water is VERY LOW so be extra careful if you go to your normal spots.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

2. Member
    We have been fishing it. It’s low low low. I was told it’s at its lowest pt as of last week. Kinda nice to see all the structure uncovered we fish. We had to jump over the curbs at the end of the ramp to get deep enough. Good call about the right side. I think the bite has been tough now that it’s low.

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Yea... it is tough now. I have been going to other lakes. I dont want to take a chance of hitting an unknown object in one of my favorite spots.
    Good luck out there and be safe.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Why is the 'pack so low? Is this due to rainfall or some kind of dam maintenance?

5. Member
    Dam Maintenance. Every 4 years they Drawdown to inspect. Crazy to see everything out of the water.

6. Member
    We r still fishing it but it’s like way way lower than last time it was brought down I feel.

7. Member
    Why do they take the ramp out ?

8. Member
    they don't. meaning the water is so low the end of the concrete is literally showing. they have curbs at the end. if you jump over them it's kinda a crap shoot what happens from there. it drops off a bit on the left. the right not as bad.