2013 225 etec ho not killing with switch

So, my etec is having the issue of not stopping right when I turn the key to off and the kill switch doesn't stop it either. BUT after some time goes by, the motor finally shuts off. Sometimes it happens after not much time, other times it can go for a minute or so before it shuts off. If I start the motor back up right away and kill it immediately, it shuts off just like it should. I already replaced the switch with a new one and that did nothing. Not sure what to do now. Any thoughts?

2. Member
    The back of the key switch you will see 2 wires for the stop circuit - a black w/ yellow stripe and a black ground wire. The Key switch connects the black yellow to the ground to shut off the engine. I suspect 2 potential issues.
    1 a connection issue with the yellow black wire - loose connection at the main harness connector to the key switch or at the engine end connector.
    2 a connection issue of the black wire in the main harness connector for the key switch or someplace between there and the engine. These wire trace back thru the main harness to the engine and a 6 pin Deutsch connector. You will also find a 3 wire connector with trim wires and another six wire connector with a bunch of brown wires which are part of the system check warning system.
    Inspect the ground and black yellow wire in the 6 pin connector with the red/purple, black, purple, black yellow, yellow/red stripe and purple/white stripe.

If the connector on the key switch has the molded push on connectors check them closely where the wire goes into the connector, the wire at that point can flex a good deal and the wire will eventually break inside the cover. The broken wires can be hard to locate!
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

4. Member
    I just had the same thing happen on my 2014 200HO. I couldn't find anything wrong with the wires so I just bought a new key switch assembly. Fixed it.