200SS on a Champion 190 Fish N Ski

I ran my friends Champion 190 FS last week with a new 200SS and what an engine! Super impressed with how smooth, quiet and powerful that engine is for a 4cyl. He's running a Suzuki 15x21 prop and hitting 57mph @ 6k. Running those numbers put him at 4% slip and that's pretty good. The engine and boat ran better the more I trimmed. At max trim the boat lifted great and ran amazing. We are going to try a 21 Scorpion next as it hit the 6k pretty easily. I'd be curious to see what a 23 Tempest would do but so far its a very respectable numbers for a Fish N Ski and 3mph off from what the other brands are getting on the same boat.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    Yeah, those are pretty good numbers and would be interested to hear how the Scorpion prop will on it.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Member

4. Member
    Joe, I had that same boat with a 150 merc, 25p tempest and 8” jackplate. The JP significantly helped the performance. I’d highly recommend one for your buddy.
    You’ll be hard pressed to find a better riding boat. I now have a 21’ Triton F/s, the Champ rode better. The tempest has been a very good prop on the F/s’s for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman1977 View Post
    Joe, I had that same boat with a 150 merc, 25p tempest and 8” jackplate. The JP significantly helped the performance. I’d highly recommend one for your buddy.
    You’ll be hard pressed to find a better riding boat. I now have a 21’ Triton F/s, the Champ rode better. The tempest has been a very good prop on the F/s’s for me.
    When he had the Johnson 150 on there we installed jackplate and got a 23 Tempest and it ran great for a 150. The ride on that boat is really amazing and you have to drive one to understand how good it really is. I think when he gets to try a Scorpion it will improve the holeshot and get some more speed out of it.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO