Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seat Pedestal insert breaking

Phoenix boats have plastic inserts that your pedestal poles fit into. The bottom of the insert has a lip with a hole in the middle that the hook on the bottom of the pedestal grabs to lock it in place so it does not come out while running. You then press the button on the side of the pedestal that retracts the hook to remove the pedestal. A good safety feature. The problem is the plastic insert is breaking on mine. I am on my 3rd one. The insert is glued in and is a pain to remove and you damage the carpet around the hole each time. The part of the insert that breaks is the bottom part that the pedestal sits on. The insert has a lip with a hole in the middle that the hook on the bottom of the pedestal hooks into. The entire lip keeps breaking off after about 6-8 trips. The rest of the insert stays in place. anyone else having this issue?? Phoenix just keeps sending me knew inserts but it is getting old. I am concerned about running with the seat just sitting in the hole and not locked in.
    Last edited by bassm1n; 10-20-2021 at 12:30 PM.

2. Member
    Yup, and so far the seat hasn't flown out, but then I don't go fishing on really windy days, but the surfboard water skiers with their wake boards and their 'don't care' big waves might throw a seat out.

maybe someday Drewtech can find somebody that can make some replacement aluminum cups.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

3. Member
    I have been having the same problem I actually should have 1 in the mail on the way to me right now. Does anyone know why they use these mounts instead of the standard 3/4'' screwing type that Atwood makes ? I have thought about seeing about swapping mine out for this type that's all I have ever had in my previous boats and never had a issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Javelin 180 View Post
    I have been having the same problem I actually should have 1 in the mail on the way to me right now. Does anyone know why they use these mounts instead of the standard 3/4'' screwing type that Atwood makes ? I have thought about seeing about swapping mine out for this type that's all I have ever had in my previous boats and never had a issues.
    Not a bad thought. I have replaced mine once and the seat pole is not as tight as it was originally so it wobbles around some

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

5. Member
    It has happened on both of mine.

6. Member
    I have the same problem. I just take it out when I’m trailering it down the road.
    Last edited by va floater; 10-28-2021 at 07:06 PM.

7. Member
    I replaced 3 of them on my 721. it was always the front hole where I used my butt seat. For me it was the insert wore out and was loose from me leaning against it. My back insert was broke for 7 years on the 721, I never worried about it and did not trailer with my seats in.

If someone wants an aluminum one, I can get them built, I just need to get one to measure. The only problem is they are glued in, so not sure how the aluminum insert would work unless it had a flange on top to screw it down. That is how the 3/4" pin bases are attached. Might be able to use epoxy to hold it in. Rambling a bit but trying to see how it would work the best.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

8. Member
    Glad I am not the only one. Last week when I rec'd my 3rd replacement I noticed it was labeled a replacement kit specifically. So that led me to believe they know there is a problem and have kits already packaged and ready to go. I think this time I will not glue it in since it takes a dowel to hammer it in. That way it will be easier to replace the next time. I use a sit down seat up front the never travel with a seat in but it still breaks. I think it is from the weight of sitting in the seat bouncing back and forth in the waves. It is always a clean break where the entire bottom section breaks free. Last trip I used a seat with the broken insert and seay never came out even in some wake board boat waves so thinking I might just forget about replacing and just being careful. It is a real pain to chisel out.

9. Member
    I think this is a problem that needs fixing, I owned a Ranger and had the same problems, and believe Ranger is proud of the price they charge for them. One on my bow need replacing, but I switch my seat to the other hole. When that one breaks then I will replace them both
    SAL 544
    13.11 lbs
    Lake Fork TX
    2/19/13

10. Member
    I just replaced one of mine with a base that's (wonder of wonders) made in the US and has a brass insert instead of plastic. The other two are in good shape so no hurry on them.

11. Member
    Please tell us where we can purchase.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    I found it and BOUGHT it from Amazon. Attwood Swivl-Eze Loc-N-Pin 7x7 Seat Base with Brass Bushing.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb View Post
    I found it and BOUGHT it from Amazon. Attwood Swivl-Eze Loc-N-Pin 7x7 Seat Base with Brass Bushing.

This one? with the 3/4" pin? https://www.amazon.com/Swivl-Eze-Att...K%2CB002IV8M3Q
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

14. Member
    Mine broke too just a piss poor design!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb View Post
    I just replaced one of mine with a base that's (wonder of wonders) made in the US and has a brass insert instead of plastic. The other two are in good shape so no hurry on them.
    That sounds like the one that I'm wanting to use did you have any problems swapping them out ? Do you have any pictures you could share or send me ?

16. Member
    The link is to a different seat setup than we have on the Phoenix.

17. Member
    I am tired of replacing. I am going to use without the piece the hook grabs onto and just remove the seat if in really rough water.

18. Member

Seat base pics

Quote Originally Posted by Javelin 180 View Post
    That sounds like the one that I'm wanting to use did you have any problems swapping them out ? Do you have any pictures you could share or send me ?
    No real problems but I wasn't concerned about getting it back under the carpet. I'll send a couple pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Edwards View Post
    Yes Sir.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    Try Cascade depot online.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast