Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There would not be a problem if the so called american outboard manufacturers actually made there parts in the USA!
    Twin 200 2005 Mercury Optimax Engines
    1B191661
    1B160290

2. Member
    Signs of the times!

3. Member
    Got to say poor design for a level gauge. Yamaha has a all in one design. Just pull it out and replace. Simple

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ranger487vs View Post
    Got to say poor design for a level gauge. Yamaha has a all in one design. Just pull it out and replace. Simple
    Tank in question is not a level gauge.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Isn’t it part of the level gauge thought the magnet failed on the inside and you had to buy a new tank

6. Member
    New to the opti world and this tank/ level is a common problem. Think I’m going to look into modifying an oil tank to except a Yamaha level gauge that just slips in.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Good luck- it's simply an OPEN or CLOSED switch, BTW (NOT a level gauge or sender).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Your correct. Thank you

9. Member
    One just came up for sale on Kijiji Ontario. I'd post a link, but I understand it is not allowed.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12