Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    So for the guys that have or fished out of legends, which model do you like the most? V20 or alpha 211. I always have two people up front fishing which leans me towards the v20 but also love to fish erie and figure the alpha does better in rough water.

2. Member
    I have an '18 V20 and it is a super fishing platform for sure. I haven't seen any other boat I would trade for they are well thought out , run / fish great and very nicely finished. I haven't fished out of a 211 so I can't help you there.

3. Member
    V20 has a bigger deck but the Alpha will ride better

4. Member
    I fish two up front all the time my alpha 211

5. Member
    211 or 211r great boats , early V20 HAD A LOT OF STRUCTURAL PROBLEMS

6. Member
    I would not hesitate but the price needs to make me feel good. I had a 211 obviously the v20 is wider but the 211 is longer regarding deck and is a better ride but not by much. With so many v20 available now it makes me want to go back to a degree. Dismantling of the company made me switch brands. I regret it some but also happy where I am now. I’d 100% still have a legend if they were still around I wouldn’t consider anything else
    Nitro z21

7. Member
    I've had both ,nice boats, for Erie I'd go with a 211r. Both rode nice but I'd give the edge to the 211.i think both boats have the same hull the just made the top cap wider on the v20.

8. Member
    What is the diff between the 211 and 211 r. I’ll I really see is maybe a day box on the front and the front deck on the r is all level w no little step at the back

9. Banned
    If you have done your research, talked to other owners, and found a complete PACKAGE that offers what you want. I wouldn't have any problem buying a boat from a company that has gone out of business. I own a Champion, they haven't been made since 2009 and their forum here is probably the busiest of them all. I own an 89 Champion I bought this year with a 2017 Merc 150 on it, damn good boat. Be prepared to do some work and updating, but no reason you can't find a damn good boat.

10. Member
    211r should be slightly quicker
    Nitro z21

11. Banned
    I would not be scared to buy a boat because it is avail or not. Like has been said very few things in boats are boat specific when it comes to rigging etc. I needed a lid for a Stratos one time (alum lids) and had it made by a local metal shop cheaper than I could order it (maybe why Stratos is gone...haha). It was an alum rectangle with the edges turned down. It was $100+ from Stratos but local shop did it for $75.

Il get worried when names like Flo-Rite/Faria/Perko/Rule/etc go out of biz.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dustys60 View Post
    What is the diff between the 211 and 211 r. I’ll I really see is maybe a day box on the front and the front deck on the r is all level w no little step at the back
    I think the r stood for raised deck..

13. Member
    No !

14. Member
    I have owned a 2009 Alpha 199 for the past six years. The fit/finish and quality of the boat is not surpassed in the bass boat industry (IMO). If I were in the boat buying market Legend would be my first choice and Ranger a distant second. When the original manufacturer picked the name Legend, they got it right. Not being in production would have no bearing on the decision to buy or not.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFSims View Post
    I have owned a 2009 Alpha 199 for the past six years. The fit/finish and quality of the boat is not surpassed in the bass boat industry (IMO). If I were in the boat buying market Legend would be my first choice and Ranger a distant second. When the original manufacturer picked the name Legend, they got it right. Not being in production would have no bearing on the decision to buy or not.
    Not to mention How good they are in rough water

16. Member
    I have seen several legends in the 45-50 range. Been looking pretty hard. I also have seen several falcons and Phoenix that are generally in the same price range and same options. I’m just internet shopping right now. Never been on the deck of any of these. The phx has my interest for rough water. And the falcons also have good rough water reviews.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123