Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Yeah, why not? There's very few parts that are really boat brand specific. A buddy has a 199 (I think) really well built boat, think it's a '12 or '13, he's had a motor blow up but that's not Legends fault.

2. Member
    great boats before johnny at least!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    You can buy a Z20 New for less than 58K
    Kinda my thought as well

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waknbass View Post
    I wouldn't especially the ones with the models with the deck issues
    What years did they have problems?

5. Member
    I wouldnt. The v20s had lots of problems with soft decks and hull cracks. I think the last year they were made they had them figured out. They shouldn't have quit making them.

6. Banned
    prob not

7. Member
    Absolutely. I owned one for over 11 years, never even had to tighten a screw. Loved the “ no-latch doors.

I tried to buy one about a month ago and missed it by about 15 minutes...so I guess my answer is yes!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

9. Member
    As much as I really liked them, I would not
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

10. Member
    worst case the electric 'brain' or keypad goes bad and then if you cannot find replacement part the entire panel would need to be rewired to standard switches. I have a alpha 211 and have had no other issues

Lots of parts available on eBay and Great Lake Skipper website.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by legend14 View Post
    worst case the electric 'brain' or keypad goes bad and then if you cannot find replacement part the entire panel would need to be rewired to standard switches. I have a alpha 211 and have had no other issues
    I would disagree. Although not that common, I believe that the worse case scenario is some type of hull or structural defect that normally would be repaired under warranty (or replaced). I once had a bass boat that I bought new, and into the third year, the top cap separated from the hull. Top cap was replaced under warranty. That is why companies offer fairly long hull warranties.
    Last edited by catdude28; 10-21-2021 at 03:44 PM.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    I would disagree. Although not that common, I believe that the worse case scenario is some type of hull or structural defect that normally would be repaired under warranty (or replaced). I once had a bass boat that I bought new, and into the third year, the top cap separated from the hull. Top cap was replaced under warranty. That is why companies offer fairly long hull warranties.
    My nitro top cap at the front came completely off from st Clair and Erie. Had them completely remove all screws and replace with rivets. I had no warranty on it either.

14. Member
    I guess my biggest thing is they seem to be priced right with all other boats the same age and in my mind I think they should be cheaper because they are out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by joby1 View Post
    Is there anything proprietary that Legend has on their boats that couldn't be replaced if it failed? It's not under warranty, so if something happened to the boat you still need to have it fixed by someone or do it yourself. Pretty sure there isn't anything on the boat that could not be repaired or replaced with aftermarket parts or original parts that were not made by Legend. That goes for pretty much all the manufactures.
    My guess they built the boat with parts from other manufacturers. If i got a deal on it I'd buy it in a second.

16. Member
    Do many manufacturers actually offer hull warranties that transfer to 2nd and 3rd owners?

17. Member
    When I bought mine, I found out too late, but a guy that used to work at Legend had stayed on with WRMG told me over the phone, the warranty transferred to the second owner by filling out some paper work and I think a couple hundred bucks. They only caveat was it had to be done within like 30 days of the second owner purchasing the boat. I unfortunately had already missed that time frame so I was out of luck when i found that out. That was about 2 years ago. I have no idea if that guy still works for them or even if they will still honor that.
    Last edited by BenR; 10-22-2021 at 01:03 PM.

18. Member
    If everything checked out on the boat itself I would not hesitate to buy one, I always thought they were one of the better looking boats on the water.

19. Member
    Yes very nice boats. Would be on my list if I was looking used

If I was in the market ,I wouldn't hesitate if boat in good shape

2009 ELITE 210

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast