Worm Rod VS Jig Rod

Worm Rod VS Jig Rod
    Id like to hear opinions on taking the Bottom contact rod category more technique specific.
    Based on using a 3/8 ounce Texas Rig Worm rod and 3/8 Arkie style general purpose Jig and trailer.

To me I’ve always thought that an MBR action tends to work better with Jigs as it pins fish better with a bulkier Jig and trailer.
    Where a Faster action rod Seems to work better fishing Texas rigged Worms and Soft plastics.
    Does a longer rod work better for guys on either ?
    Whats everyone’s thoughts on the topic ?

Thanks and Tight Lines!
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

2. Banned
    I use a 7' MH fast action rod for fishing Texas rigs or a 7' medium when I want do downsize. Then my jig rod is a Falcon Jason Christie series 7'3" heavy it has more of a moderate action, its a great rod for pitching and throwing frogs and buzzbaits as well, I usually have 3 of them on the deck.

3. Member
    For everyday flipping for both a jig and plastic I use a 7'2" or 7'3" up to 3/8" any heavier the rod power goes up and length. On occasion with smaller worms or jigs I'll use a 6'11". Rod powers are so hard to go from brand to brand to compare as long as their Falcons in the 6 or 7 range until it becomes heavy grass I move up as well.

4. Member
    I use the same rods for t rigs and jigs. Dobyns Champion Extreme 745. I am usually using 3/8 to 3/4 in both but could stretch both sides of that if needed. The length definitely helps when fishing deep, in heavy cover or when setting the hook at the end of a long cast.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

Get this call a lot from customer who are looking for the right jig/worm rod. The #1 question - how deep do you fish and what weight? #2 question - what kind of hook?

Deep, open water. Longer cast and hookset - Longer rod
    Heavy wire hooks - Heavier power rod
    Regular wire hooks - MH or M power rod (depending on the weight you throw)
    Adjust from there. Exceptions are present with everything.

Most of the time we see guys able to go down one power on a texas rig from what they would throw a jig on.

6. Member
    I find that a jig w trailer tends to feel heavier and offer more resistance than a similar sized texas-rigged bait. For that reason, I use a MH with a faster tip for worms and a slightly heavier action with larger jigs.

7. Member
    854 GLX for jigs, 893 GLX for most plastics. Heavy Jigs go on a Fitzgerald 7'3H which is a pretty stiff rod.
    2020 Caymas CX20

8. Member
    I like a medium if I can get away with it for worms but always use at least a medium heavy for jigs with most of my jig fishing being done with a heavy action.