Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Time to stir the pot?

In for the fun and games.

2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

2. Member
    Hahaha...wondering why no one had mentioned it. Even Jeffries seemed tired of hearing the BS....or falling asleep

Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    Hahaha...wondering why no one had mentioned it. Even Jeffries seemed tired of hearing the BS....or falling asleep
    I tried watching this am. I can't stand his smugness. I am trying to get through it now. Almost 30 mins in waiting for the chat reply to melt down it's getting close with the mlf fans trying to argue with the BTL fans and its awesome.

I'M ADHD I watched 5 min's went to something else cause I don't care about his BS.

5. Member
    The main take away that I heard was about the cuts and how to qualify. Top 10 and not going down the list is different than what they previously said, then the bottom 15 in AOY gets jumbled around by averaging the anglers lifetime AOY standings, the bottom 10 get cut unless people double qualify through the tour.

he said it himself it’s to protect the “brands” that are already in there. People have been saying they will do whatever it takes to keep as many of the original 80 anglers as they can no matter how many times they change the rules. The MLF fanboys argued against it, but right from the horses mouth he proved that to be true
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    The main take away that I heard was about the cuts and how to qualify. Top 10 and not going down the list is different than what they previously said, then the bottom 15 in AOY gets jumbled around by averaging the anglers lifetime AOY standings, the bottom 10 get cut unless people double qualify through the tour.

he said it himself it’s to protect the “brands” that are already in there. People have been saying they will do whatever it takes to keep as many of the original 80 anglers as they can no matter how many times they change the rules. The MLF fanboys argued against it, but right from the horses mouth he proved that to be true
    Its basically a private club that has a TV show now.

He then keeps saying come together when he is the one driving the stake through the sport....

7. Member
    It was rough to watch for sure. And he said they don't pay attention to any other tournament dates like the Classic...bunch of BS right there!
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magfluker View Post
    It was rough to watch for sure. And he said they don't pay attention to any other tournament dates like the Classic...bunch of BS right there!
    Ya I caught that too. They were the ones who threw a hissy fit that the classic was during one of their events.. but now say they don’t pay attention to other tours. So he expects other tours to cater to them? Just talking out of both sides of his mouth.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

9. Banned
    No idea who he is or what he is talking about.

10. Member
    It would be fun to compare the interview from around this time in 2018 to the video now. Lots of contradictions and the same promises for the future.

11. Banned
    If it's Duckett,, well my reply rhymes with his last name...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by VicLynn View Post
    No idea who he is or what he is talking about.
    If you don’t follow tournament fishing then you probably wouldn’t know who is.

13. Member
    I almost died laughing when he mentioned unity.

I give Boyd this , he’s selling all the time. Some people buy what he sells too.
    Last edited by lightningmusky; 10-20-2021 at 03:13 PM.

14. Member
    Heard they are going to change the MLF Cups for next year. They are going to have assigned 3 man teams competing against other 3 man teams. They will be allowed to call teammates during the day, and they will be live instead of top secret. They have touted how they could not communicate with each other at all, proving their true fishing ability, now they can call each other? If they are making significant changes to their "supreme format", you can bet not as many people are watching it as they want you to believe.

The way he had his camera set up sure makes him seem arrogant as hell. The more I see of him the less I like.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

16. Member
    His haters are still making him relevant and he is deep in their heads.

No way I'm watching a Duckett video.

18. Member
    ......living rent free.....
    2009 G3 Eagle 180 / 2009 Yamaha F115 / Minn Kota Maxxum 80 / Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2N on Bow & Console

So moving forward they can no longer say it's the best of the best? It's now simple how big your "brand" is regardless of how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    So moving forward they canno longer say it's the best of the best? It's now simple how big your ,"brand" is regardless of how you finish.

Yeah basically it was a I can't kick myself and Gary out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast