Any Traeger Texas style brisket recipes?

Was wondering if anybody had success cooking a brisket Texas style on a Traeger?
    Scott Inman

Little EVOO, salt, generous pepper, throw on 180* when you go to bed the night before you want to eat. Turn to 225* when you get up in the morning, start probing at 195*, pull when it probes like warm butter, take off and let it cool a bit then wrap in foil then a bath towel and into a cooler until you're ready to slice and eat. Works everytime.

Don't overthink just because you are using a pellet smoker. The same recipe that works for stick burners will work just fine in a pellet smoker.

4. Member
    I've cooked dozens of briskets on a pellet smoker. Have used SPG and numerous rub combos. I do find setting aside enough time to cook it without crutching (wrapping) it produces a much better finished product.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

5. Member
    Pit Boss owner here... I like Mesquite Pellets generally for brisket.. But that's a personal choice. I usually layer my rubs for brisket. Kosher Salt, cracked pepper and garlic on a very dry brisket, follow with a more flavorful rub of choice.. then set at room temps for 30 mins to an hour. On smoker at 225 w/ temp probe.. pull and wrap at 155 internal.. Prepare yourself for a stall between 160-180 or so.. will hold at those temps a long time. this is normal. leave wrapped until internal 205.. throw it in a cooler wrapped in some towels and rest for 1-3 hours. Just another trick - try doing this with a chuck roast when brisket prices get stupid. makes a great substitute and really nice for burnt ends.